Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [commercial] Upcoming WSS figure range  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
[commercial] Upcoming WSS figure range
« on: July 02, 2020, 09:31:11 PM »
After a lot of time spent thinking around (years, actually!), recently I've finally taken the decision to start a new range of War of the Spanish Succession 1/72 figures, dedicated mainly to the too often forgotten peninsular armies; not just Philip d'Anjou's army, but also that one of Charles Habsburg - hopefully extending with time to Portuguese troops too, depending on this new range rate of success.

After some talk with other knowledgeable professionals, I've commissioned this new range to the well-known sculptor Leonid Primachenko, who has already excelled at sculpting horse & musket figures for other manufacturers. If taking a look at the pictures in this post, I believe you'll agree this is going to be a very promising range!

First figures commissioned are the couple of Austro-Catalan Mountain Fusiliers or Miquelets that you can see in pictures, that will be accompanied by another two figures to form a first set of 4 skirmishing fusiliers. A further set to follow shortly afterwards will comprise a Miquelets officer and horn blower.

Figures are to be around 20-21mm tall from feet to eyebrows, so 1/72 scale compatible. Here above you can see how does one of our figures compare to a GNW musketeer from Zvezda.

If interested in the future development of this new range, please check our wishlist and, eventually, write to us for suggesting new models!

Lluís Vilalta
www.minairons.eu
Minairons blog
Minairons facebook
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill

Offline waterproof

• Librarian
  • would like to paint more
Re: [commercial] Upcoming WSS figure range
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 05:09:31 AM »
The figures look very good. The setting is very interesting, especially in 20 mm. There are not many beautiful miniatures that meet the requirements of a tabletop player and diorama maker. But these look like they could be. I wish you much success and will follow the development closely.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 06:14:41 AM »
This is great news! The dress looks very authentic and the sculpts very well-proportioned and of superb detail!
Very promising! I'll be following with great interest and I wish good luck to this project! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 07:39:57 PM »
They look terrific. Very nice sculpts. It's not my scale for this period - and 1/72 isn't popular locally, so I think it's an unusual choice, but I wish you success.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 10:16:43 PM »

More WSS is better!  I wish you much success on this!