Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Outsourcing Sculpting Small Details  (Read 598 times)

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
    • Bloggity-Blog-Blog / "The Zone"
Outsourcing Sculpting Small Details
« on: July 05, 2020, 01:49:16 PM »
Hey All,

Has anyone any experience with outsourcing little bits of sculpting?

I consider myself a competent painter, or at least, I can paint to a level where I feel some satisfaction looking at my models once they are done. I can't say that for my sculpting though. I am vividly dissatisfied with the finish I can achieve on even the smallest details that I sculpt for myself.

I am working on a project that requires the sculpting of some small details to complete figures - a fair bit of hair here and there, a few hats, a few other things. It's really very little that needs doing, but I really want to get a good level of finish on the figures for this project - particularly as the figures that require the sculpting are likely to be the centrepieces.

I've not started looking for a sculptor - and to be honest, I don't know where I'd look. I don't know that I'd need anyone all too 'professional', just someone competent. I'm working in 18mm, if that is an important consideration.

Has anyone else found themselves in a similar position?

And, I am working on improving my sculpting, but its proving a very slow process. I'm at the point where I can fill gaps competently, but I imagine, at best, I'm several years away from being good enough to please myself - and I'm too impatient to wait that long for this project.

Cheers,

MM.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Outsourcing Sculpting Small Details
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 09:51:36 AM »
The iO group would be a good place to start looking, mostly a helpful collection of people:

https://groups.io/g/1listsculpting