Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Urban Zombie board Thread: resurrection 2023!  (Read 173414 times)

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Quick update:

Keep off the grass:

I had a roll of scenic grass that had been laying around for ages, so I decided to make a few little park areas, again using the cut MDF strips I made sure that the grass was correctly positioned and glued to the strips. In order to make a tight fit, I lightly sanded the flock around the edges of the grass section so that it plugged into the surrounding pavement cleanly.

The Commander

I like your park sections Commander but you may want to do something about those tree bases. They don't blend in very well. You could coat them with dirt colored flock.

Rob

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
I like your park sections Commander but you may want to do something about those tree bases. They don't blend in very well. You could coat them with dirt colored flock.

Rob

Thanks for that, though the trees are not finished as yet.

Woodland scenics that I did ages ago. The other trees are based, gravelled and made to look like their in stone/curb edging, pictures of these much later.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:08:34 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
I wasn't sure I was going to like the printed building but you are really changing my mind with these. :-*

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
Hey Colin the Worldworks stuff is brilliant, I've owned a few sets for a while now, and I'm sorely tempted to use it more often in D&D... I used it once and it didn't seem to go down to well, but after playing .45 people might be more open to new ideas.

Of course there is the danger of over using it, so I'll save it for a few climatic encounters

Cheers
Andy

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Oh do read the posts 007!  ::)

i) it's one of the boards there are two.
ii) the plug in sections take the buildings.
iii) sections of pavement are removable to show road sections to maximise flexibility.

I did read the posts! Well, most of them anyway...

I know it's only one of the boards, my original request was to see it without anything on, which includes pavements, however from your reply I took it that there was only the below road layout.

If that's the case, and there are no other roads hidden beneath bits we can't see, why bother with having movable pavements? They'll have to follow the roads anyway.

If there are bits we can't see then I'll repeat my original request to see the board without 'anything' on it.  :D
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
Just caught up with this thread and must say I really like your boards .
I have been pondering how to do mine so may just follow your example.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
I did read the posts! Well, most of them anyway...

I know it's only one of the boards, my original request was to see it without anything on, which includes pavements, however from your reply I took it that there was only the below road layout.

If that's the case, and there are no other roads hidden beneath bits we can't see, why bother with having movable pavements? They'll have to follow the roads anyway.

If there are bits we can't see then I'll repeat my original request to see the board without 'anything' on it.  :D

The board does not have the plug in road pavement sections on it currently, so you're seeing all the road junctions. What I am saying is with the other bits you can block off roads as pavement areas, buildings and grassed areas.

Make sense?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Ah, yep, that makes sense. Hadn't thought of pedestrian areas etc, good point.

So how tricky were the Worldworks buildings to make? You mentioned the cladding being awkward to get straight, how many different parts go into a building?

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Awsome job - keep it coming.  :-* :-* :-*
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Coming along really well CV

those roads look good as do the world works buildings

looking forward to more

dodge

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Those roads work are a much nicer choice than the World Works ones! A great combo!
Excellent thread & thank you for not taking us to some blog somewhere! I quite like it here at the LAF.

Thomas
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Ah, yep, that makes sense. Hadn't thought of pedestrian areas etc, good point.

So how tricky were the Worldworks buildings to make? You mentioned the cladding being awkward to get straight, how many different parts go into a building?

Not akward really just that I didn't plan building one as well as the others, just need to measure and adapt accordingly. Next time I'll use adobe writer on my work's laptop and cut and paste and create everything digitally in new pdf's then print those, simples!

;)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
Bako: those zig zags mean no waiting , stopping , parking or something like that. usually found befoe crossings, schools where parked cars would be a major problem

Ah. Where I live there's usually just yellow on the edge of the side walk and 'no parking' signs posted.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Quick side update before I continue with the buidlings rundown.

Board two:

Top left pieces are removable and bottom edge will take either more pavement, fencing or table edge buildings. Also there's a section of pavement to block off the road if necessary.

Petrol Station tile is removeable and at the time of the picture was unfinished, (more later).

More later tea beckons, just combe back from a 17m bike ride in the sun :D

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Just seen an error on the white lines on the second board... now fixed thanks to VJ German grey! :D

Anway....

Buildings Three & Four

Generic warehouse:

Basically a table end building, not too wide but very simple to construct and looks the business.

It was designed to fit into one of the plug-in interchangable sections of the board, I then realised it looked a little small so I made the additional section (buidling four):

This can be used to make an L-shape split level section of the main buidling or even another smaller stand alone store area/building.

Cheers

The Commander
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:24:08 PM by Commander Vyper »