Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Urban Zombie board Thread: resurrection 2023!  (Read 173419 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Board one buidlings complete (picture taken with a sneaky bit of board two WIP to the right).

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
 :-*

I have a feeling many Zombies will die on this board...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
:-*

I have a feeling many Zombies will die on this board...

(They did ;) once the board thread is complete I will start the painting thread, then the gaming thread as four games have been played already :D).

The Commander

Online Braxandur

• Mastermind
Still looking very nice. Good too see you are having such an organized approach. I normally just build something new for each game, but since we don't do the zombies games that often, it sometimes takes a while before the next buidlings are ready..

Well, in a bit I'll be leaving for a week of hiking in Austria, but if you keep on posting with the speed, at least I know I'll have something nice to read when/if I get back.  lol
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Still looking very nice. Good too see you are having such an organized approach. I normally just build something new for each game, but since we don't do the zombies games that often, it sometimes takes a while before the next buidlings are ready..

Well, in a bit I'll be leaving for a week of hiking in Austria, but if you keep on posting with the speed, at least I know I'll have something nice to read when/if I get back.  lol

Enjoy Austria mate, my family were originally from Wienn, love the country.

Anyway on with the thread:

More shots of buildings One, two and three:

(Jersey barriers OOP scenery pieces from Antenocitis Workshop, Jed's stopped doing these now which is a shame but Ian over at Fenris Games does some lovely barriers, will feature these in my zombie painting thread later).

Enjoy

The Commander

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:43:42 PM by Commander Vyper »

Online anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
:D

silly sod!   ;)

Anyway realised a few things on board two still didn't look right....

Added:

Proper give way at the bottom, evenly centred stop line above the garage and sorted out the uneven central line on the main road.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Garage and apartment.

Went for a straight standard build but then wanted to try an interior so made the ground floor accessible:

Interior sheets are really nicely detailed, just a little bit of planning and they fit together very nicely.

Will have a go at a fire escape to the second floor at some stage just so there's access to it and the pendants can't have a dig! ;)

The Commander

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
It looks great, I've often looked at their stuff and thought long and hard about, the thing that put me off was that I heard it can be a little difficult to resize the interiors to fit the exteriors when they're based on foamboard - is it at all?

Plus I'd hate to live in that apartment, looks like there'd be cockroaches 5 feet long in there  ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:17:38 AM by dijit »

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
Looking great!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
It looks great, I've often looked at their stuff and thought long and hard about, the thing that put me off was that I heard it can be a little difficult to resize the interiors to fit the exteriors when they're based on foamboard - is it at all?

Plus I'd hate to live in that apartment, looks like there'd be cockroaches 5 feet long in there  ;)

No resizing really just measure the internal length of the wall section minus the thickness of the foamboard. Simples!

Petrol station to follow.

The Commander

Online anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
the pendants can't have a dig! ;)

the pedants might though  ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
the pedants might though  ;)

lol

DAMN YOU LONG NECKED ONE!!!

(my excuse...it was late and I have banana fingers after 11pm).

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
No resizing really just measure the internal length of the wall section minus the thickness of the foamboard. Simples!

Petrol station to follow.

The Commander
Do you just cut off the outer edges then? Because I've seen someone (can't remeber who mind) that resized all the internal walls to get them to fit it was the mannor building they'd done.