Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:35:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Urban Zombie board Thread: resurrection 2023!  (Read 173351 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Urban Zombie board Thread: November 2010 Gaming reports and update
« Reply #450 on: December 04, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »
Will you two buttwads keep up!!!!!!!

Deuce screamedas he ran to the RV and jumped into the driving seat ready to start her up.

Smokes and Butch made it to the RV and started filling up.

Butch got jumped on a nasty string of black cards and went down...well erm screaming really. Only got half a can in. Smokes faired better, beat the three zeds off in close combat, finished filling up with his can and got back in the RV.

As the bikers did't get all their fuel in I was going to throw in a random stall rule during red movement phases. But lucky for Deuce and Smokes, the fuel stayed good and they managed to get away.

Hey Deuce, looks like we made it brother!!!

cough....splutter.....splutter....

I knew it was Ultimate, not regular!!! Damn you Butch!

(only kidding! :D).

Survivor losses one biker, low zed count as it was a dash and grab.

Game three tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:25:32 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Big Frank

• Scientist
« Reply #451 on: December 04, 2010, 09:55:09 PM »
One biker lost then, I thought it would have been at lot worse.
 Great report, looking forward to the next one.
 The RV looks very clean are you planning on bashing it up/weathering it a little? I can't see the bikers being over fussy about cleaning it.

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #452 on: December 05, 2010, 07:22:01 AM »
another class zed senario

so enjoyable

dodge

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #453 on: December 05, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »
One biker lost then, I thought it would have been at lot worse.
 Great report, looking forward to the next one.
 The RV looks very clean are you planning on bashing it up/weathering it a little? I can't see the bikers being over fussy about cleaning it.

Yup mate, all the vehicles need dirtying down a lot. This RV is really nice, from a local pound shop, the interior is really well detailed with a table, seats, tv, cuboard and bunk up top, and it's around 1/48-1/50 scale so perfect.

I won't go the whole 'road warrior' thing on it but will be adding stowage, etc...

Cheers for the feedback all. Game Three report up later today.

The Commander

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
« Reply #454 on: December 05, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »
This RV is really nice, from a local pound shop, the interior is really well detailed with a table, seats, tv, cuboard and bunk up top, and it's around 1/48-1/50 scale so perfect.
The Commander

Nice board as usual, I must pop in the pound shop to see if my local has an RV, I havent seen one yet.
The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #455 on: December 06, 2010, 04:22:12 AM »
Looking good Mark.

Rob

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #456 on: December 10, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
See, this is why i like LAF so much.
Is LAF the rule set that is being used?  If so, what is the actual name because I am trying to figure out what rules to use for my zombie campaign.
Snitchy sends.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2010, 04:23:47 PM »
LAF is Lead Adventure Forum.  The forum we are all posting on.  I think the Commander uses Akula's Rules: Skirmish Edition.  Also known as Total AR: SE.  You can download them here http://akulasblog.blogspot.com/.  If I'm wrong, they are still worthy checking out.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »
Very nice ending to the report, looking forward to game three and to weathered vehicles. Though I understand how weathering vehicles can have a low priority, I found the ones you did quickly (the Range Rover springs to mind) very effective 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2010, 05:04:16 PM »
LAF is Lead Adventure Forum. 
Sorry, too much work and not enough sleep lately.  I have downloaded the AR:SE rules already.  So far it is one of the rule sets that I am considering.
Snitchy sends.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #460 on: December 10, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »
Sorry, too much work and not enough sleep lately.  I have downloaded the AR:SE rules already.  So far it is one of the rule sets that I am considering.
Snitchy sends.

I use elements of Matt's rules with my own additions so it's a bit half AR:SE'd to tell you the Truth.  :D

I will end up at some stage creating my own complete ruleset but till now half AR:SE'd or enhanced AR:SE will suffice ;)

Cheers all, a bit of a delay for Game Three but will get the report up over the weekend.

The Commander
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:46:15 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #461 on: December 14, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »
Awesome thread and very inspiring!!!! :-* :-* 8) 8) 8)
 ;)

Christopher

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #462 on: December 16, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »
Cheers,

Game Three Santuary -

BZZZZZZZTTT! Roger Control, Delta actual out!

Listen up, the Captain has requested our presence back at base, this evac point is being closed down, CDC have pulled back and it's time for us to leave.

Johnson, get the helos prepped and ready for dust off in 1 hour, Ramirez, go with him.

The rest of you ladies better hold this damn perimeter until we're ready to mov.....

'Sgt Anderson stopped mid sentence. 'What's that noise, a vehicle? No way!' Smith, binoculars now!'

Anderson couldn't believe what he saw, an RV with two, wait...three, maybe four people onboard, trying to plough though the approaching zed horde.

Gutsy sons of bitches...he muttered under his breath.

Sir should we go and help them?

Yeah Davis, tell you what, you go lay a god damn picnic rug out over by that burnt out car and get all cosy waiting for em. Maybe you'll get a hug?!?

GIVE THEM COVERING FIRE IF YOU CAN! NOBODY I REPEAT NOBODY LEAVES THE PERIMETER. If they make it this far, then help em out but we do not compromise the helos or the mission are we clear?

Sir yes sir!
So the Evac site held secure by the military, who have been given the call to clear out when they spot a vehicle heading to the safe zone. The occupants need to make it to the evac site themselves, the army has to hold the area, will assist if possible.

The Army are positioned at the mall end board, with two helicopters,  the survivors start at the far end of the table.

Let the games commence!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:29:44 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #463 on: December 18, 2010, 02:01:31 PM »
The game starts well with a few red cards, the troops hold fire whilst the survivors use their driving AP's to accelerate to RAMMING SPEED! :D

Several dented zombies later, the actions of the survivors do not go unnoticed, (a speeding RV smashing into the unquiet dead tends to have that effect!! :D). Several black cards and the zeds are on the move towards the canned meat...erm I mean the plucky survivors.

A lucky zombie grab roll of the dice has one of the occupants dragged out of the vehicle:

The RV can't slow down enough on the next Red turn to pick him up. A run of black cards....he doesn't last long.

Getting close to the evac point now the troops begin to open fire on the approach zeds, up until this stage they haven't drawn attention to themselves, they have now.

Johnson & Ramirez, head back to begin takeoff prep, the rest of the troopers begin a phased retreat as the zombies begin to pour through the makeshift barricades and the survivors disembark from their Rv and head for safety.

Conclusion later....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:04:27 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #464 on: December 26, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »
Soo...  I'm not showing up for a while, cause I lost interest due to RL....  and now there is soooo much to read, that it will take me along while before commenting on anything :)

Except I just need to say:Great Job! Really like what I see and that you continued building your gaming board. I really should get back to mine....  maybe next week ::)
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?