Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mantic announce HALO coming September 24  (Read 1096 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Mantic announce HALO coming September 24
« on: January 05, 2024, 04:55:16 PM »
Looks like Mantic have got the license for HALO - https://www.manticgames.com/news/on-the-12th-day-of-xmas-special-announcement/

No pictures yet, but more info in March

Biggest surprise, it's NOT going to be a Kickstarter release  :o

Today, UK-based tabletop studio Mantic Games announces a partnership with 343 Industries to launch a brand-new Halo miniatures combat game.

Launching directly to retail in September 2024, Halo fans can eagerly look forward to amazing Spartan miniatures that bring Halo multiplayer battles to life in an expertly crafted team combat game experience for tabletop newcomers and veterans alike.

“We are thrilled to team up with Mantic Games to bring a new Halo tabletop game to fans in 2024”, said John Friend, Head of Halo and Xbox Consumer Products. “Mantic is a leader in tabletop gaming, and their quality and experience show through in all their work. I’m most excited in this case about their passion for the Halo franchise and for bringing Halo gameplay to tabletop gaming in an incredibly authentic way.”
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 07:29:17 PM by zemjw »

Offline Kelly_

• Bookworm
  • ...the underscore is silent
Re: Mantic announce HALO coming September 24
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 10:56:22 PM »
Saw this too, and I assume by March they mean everything will be previewed at Adepticon.

Biggest surprise, it's NOT going to be a Kickstarter release  :o

I don't think that 343 would allow crowdfunding campaigns under the license, they did not for Spartan Games either on the first two Halo table top games, and while I do not care either way about the method of launch, I cannot imagine that their license will allow any stl support for alternate models through the Vault.   :-I
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 02:56:32 PM »
Saw this too, and I assume by March they mean everything will be previewed at Adepticon.
And Salute.

Offline Maniac

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 01:23:58 AM »

I don't think that 343 would allow crowdfunding campaigns under the license, they did not for Spartan Games either on the first two Halo table top games, and while I do not care either way about the method of launch, I cannot imagine that their license will allow any stl support for alternate models through the Vault.   :-I

Well, to be clear, Wizkids did a tabletop game before Spartan.  It was roughly 32-35mm minis, and was designed to mimic multiplayer.  It was mediocre, but did manage to produce a scarab.
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 11:25:47 AM »
Slight necromancy, but this is finally up for pre-order.

More info at https://haloflashpoint.com

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 11:29:54 AM »
Looks awesome. I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge Deadzone fan and I think this game will be fantastic. Great miniatures, great scenery and (in my opinion) the best sci-fi skirmish game rules as the basis. And for a licensed game the prices look quite decent too!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 12:19:52 PM »
TBH for the the solid focus on spartans and nothing but spartans just doesn't do it for me. Super elite space marines need normies or hordes or enemies to look cool next to, otherwise they are all just baseline.
That being said, I do find it interesting that they are apparently mimicking Halo multiplayer rather than the wider war as the single player campaign depicts, its peculiar and not to my taste but interesting from a outside observer point.

Meanwhile, I've found that the Spartan games version has an active community and a bunch of fan models and that is looking more and more tempting by comparison.

Last note, calling the "basic set" the Recon edition is kinda genius. Sells what it is while still sounding cool, that's good marketing that is.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)