Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689713
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Orkwind  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
Orkwind
« on: July 12, 2020, 01:03:59 PM »
Back from their sell out tour of Rynn's world, Snagrond  promotions are proud to announce a new tour for Orkwind. Long tome singer Dave Brork is in fine form

I have a drummer to add. And of course  a miniature for their long time dancer Stakka Dakka Dakka ( or Stakka Double D to her fans)

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
Re: Orkwind
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »
They look great. Not sure I'm ready to see Stakka Double D though.  :o
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 03:57:05 PM »
You just made my day! Now I am partial to a bit of Motorhead, but Hawkwind will always be my favourite band that had Lemmy in it. I'd love to see an Orkish Lemmy! :)

A photo of myself taken earlier this year, just after discovering a shop in Hay-on-Wye selling old vinyl.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 04:15:12 PM »
Around 1990 GW released those as Goffik Rockers.  Somehow, I can't see the current grimdark corporate GW releasing something like this. There was even a grot playing a Squagpipe, which sadly I don't own. Perhaps one for a Space Ork K(h)orn tribute act 

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 02:58:28 PM »
took a while but here is Stakka - this one is safe for work and a drummer for the band. No synth drum kit here, just a good fashioned analogue drum set

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 05:34:40 PM »
You just made my day! Now I am partial to a bit of Motorhead, but Hawkwind will always be my favourite band that had Lemmy in it. I'd love to see an Orkish Lemmy! :)

A photo of myself taken earlier this year, just after discovering a shop in Hay-on-Wye selling old vinyl.

Hawkwind all the way! I first saw them when I was about 13. Blew my mind, though to be fair, probably not as much as their minds were blown at the time  lol

Fab work George.  :-* :-* :-*

Are they late 80's/early 90's  GW?

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »
The Orks with guitars  catalogued were released in 1991 sculpted by Kev Adams; they are shown in the "red" catalogue. The Stakka figure is an Orc Blood Bowl cheerleader( I also have a goblin and a Dwarf cheerleader)

The drummer is from the early 90's, another Kev Adams sculpt.

I have yet to see a Saxophonist or keyboard player or even a bassist ( the guitars have 6 strings I counted) so this project is kind of finished.

At about the same time, they released a range of Orks known as the Madboyz , some of these are in poses witch I recognise from some of the mosh pits I observed in my youth

https://nevernesshobby.blogspot.com/2016/12/anachronistic-40k-madboyz.html

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 06:20:54 PM »
Shame about the lack of sax. An Orkish Nik Turner would have been cool. Saw him as a solo artist a few times in the late 80s or early 90s, as well as Hawkwind themselves.  My nephew turned up with a surprise present for me a couple of years ago after he had been to a gig. It's a crumpled piece of paper, and on it is scrawled:

'Best wishes, stay high.    Nik Turner.'

I only own three autographs. The other two are Stephen Fry and George MacDonald Fraser. Oddly, neither of them wrote anything about getting or staying high, so I am wondering if it is actually good advice. :)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 06:23:22 PM by Plynkes »

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 07:25:37 PM »
Foundry have some Prussians with, what appear to be a sxaophone, perhaps it may be possible to cut it and then swap it with an orc blowing a horn or trumpet; assuming that they compatible.

I do have an old white dwarf which showed an ork playing a saxophone, in the pages of Tabletop Heroes ( which predated Blanchistu) , so it is not  impossible but not for me

I too have a signed Nik Turner - Some years ago I found a copy of an album called Nik turner's Sphinx in a charity shop. I took a punt on it being by thee Nik Turner and sure enough it was this oddity

https://www.discogs.com/Nik-Turners-Sphynx-Xitintoday/release/1512644

The inlay book is signed and dedicated to a previous owner of the record. The record itself comprises recitations from the Egyptian Book of the Dead  put through various delay effects and studio manipulation , Nik Turner then provides sax and flute accompaniments with some electronica provided. Oh, and it was recorded in the  Great Pyramid. I have an image of Nik Turner having to pay out a hefty baksheesh to be allowed put mobile recording equipment in the pyramid.  Despite such a portentous premise, the album is tedious and almost unlistenable.  It is not a Hawkwind/Hawlords.Space Ritual style affair. Still, all being said, I like owning it

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 11:20:54 PM »
Shame about the lack of sax. An Orkish Nik Turner would have been cool. Saw him as a solo artist a few times in the late 80s or early 90s, as well as Hawkwind themselves.  My nephew turned up with a surprise present for me a couple of years ago after he had been to a gig. It's a crumpled piece of paper, and on it is scrawled:

'Best wishes, stay high.    Nik Turner.'

I only own three autographs. The other two are Stephen Fry and George MacDonald Fraser. Oddly, neither of them wrote anything about getting or staying high, so I am wondering if it is actually good advice. :)
Of course it is  :D

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 10:43:45 AM »
Of course it is  :D

With an alias like alien surfer I'm not so sure I can trust you on that one lol