Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:31:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690619
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dragon rising, 28mm PLA greens  (Read 13817 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Dragon rising, 28mm PLA greens
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 02:25:04 PM »
he used to have a few vietnam era weapon (and they were really great) but they aren't on the webpage anymore,
he has a pack of MG-42's tho =)

I thought he had done some a while ago, must have been them, m16s and such. :D

So when are you entering the Fray with your sales Tomas?

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »
yeah, 2 different and an m60 =)

They are on the way to the caster now, shouldn't be too long :)

Offline ismark

• Schoolboy
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »
 Thanks for the information about the weapons websites, regards ismark.

Offline Hrothgar

• Scientist
  • "We grow old because we stop playing" - GBS
    • Cheshirekat's Hobby Corner
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 05:03:42 PM »
Col. Stone, are you planning to cast and sell these? Or are they for a purely personal project?

Thanks,

Jason

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »
Casting and selling is the plan  ;)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
sorry for being late...  ;D

but...

1) they are wonderful...

2) we need opponents  ::) ROKA (Republic of Korea Army) or ROCA (Republic of China Army) will be perfect.

3)any idea on how they will compare with Kriegspiel Japanese  (and sadly to disappoint you... asians came in every shape and size nowadays some are even taller than us : :).. but that means we can ahave a bit of leverage in mixing...)

4) Future plans?

Arrigo
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »
No problem arrigo ;)

1, Thanks, i'm happy you like them, ebob is rather good 8)

2, maybe someday.. don't hold your breath tho,
there's plenty of russians out there for what if's now  =)

3 No sorry, not a clue i think i'll pick up a kriegspiel figure later so people can see
iirc Fighting15's sells singles =)
and i know they do come in different sizes, next set might have a few bulkier ones, especially after seeing some of their tankers in photographs, one guy made me wonder how large their hatches are .. =)

4 If there's interest, more chinese, anything beyond that would be wild speculation ;)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:48 PM »
I had some Kreigspielle Vietnam aussies and their modern Yanks, they are very small and would I think be more akin to the old Bttlefield evolution being true 25mm

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
that's what i've heard too, and these are more in line with mongrel, height wise, slimmer tho :)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
Vietnam Aussie are eureka (but are smaller than their bundesheer) not Kriegspile. Also I have modern Aussie and Modern USMC (by far the best modern USMC on the market) and I find they can play in the same game with mongrel (but not with TAG ).

By the way if in the future you plan to make PLA female troops...  ;)

Arrigo

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »

By the way if in the future you plan to make PLA female troops...  ;)

Hmm, just something you'd like to see or did you have something particular in mind  :)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »
Considering:

1) female troops are on the rise in a lot of armies (ok they are supposed to be non combat troops... but considering we all do non combat deployments they find themselves on the line quite often, italian army girls are doing the same patrol duty of the boys for example)

2) I have several chinese female friends  :P

3) on a "neutral" standpoint I think adding 1-2 realistic female castings to modenr forces will increase their selling points for people doing movie\survivor stuff.

I have certain ideas for this range; at the moment considering what is available something along "The Bear and the Dragon" maybe with the russian as the aggressors would be nice...  (and if the chinese sell well Korean, Republic of China, Japanese and US in real contemporary equipment would be great... also remember that for the other Asian  armies there will be minor variations ) :P

My 3 pennies or euro-cents

Arrigo

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »
Good ideas arrigo =)

The bear and the dragon is what i have in mind myself, (twilight 2000 sino-russian war, before it goes ballistic in every meaning of the word ;))

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 08:01:50 PM »
I am thinking of a limited Russian incursion from the maritime province to claim some areas after an increase in tensions between the two government...

Everything starts  follwoing a russian move in Mongolia (uncle Vlad starts to rebuild the eastern part of the empire as prelude to reclaim Ukraine). Beijing strongly protest and repoen the ussuri and amur border contention. Fresh from  2008 "Short victorious war" Moscow refuse to budge and show muscles along the border border declaring limited mobilization of the far eastern districts. Beijing answer with the only possible answer that is partially mobilizing and redeploying troops from other areas to the border. The UN is powerless (as usual) EU is less than powerless, Washignton simply talk (and is not really concerned).

Tensions escalate with several border shootings... everyone blames everyone... in Moscow They concoct the idea of limited war to seize some border areas to persuade the Chinese to quiet down, they bet no one will intervene in a dispute between two nuclear powers... they launch several attack aimed at quickly taking harbin, then going to the negotiating table...

Unexpectedly Beijing government qickly ask for military support the west hoping to use russian agression to build a new international face, even more unexpectedly the US and several  other nations join in...

The idea is to have 1-2 squads of your upcoming chinese (maybe supported by a BMP-1 playing the WZ501 part (it would be nice to find a Type 98 tank but not essential), I have plenty of mongrel soviet that will play the reserve Far Eastern TVD motor rifle plus 1xT55, 1x T72, 1xT80U and 3 BMP2; some TAG will creat a Naval infantry squad I have australian from Eureka and I will add a Japanese squad. US are the problem... I have two hobby master M1A1, one Imprint M1A2 , 2 Imprint M2A2 and two hummer, one Force of Arms and one Imprint (ok they are not exactly of the same size but they can work in different part of the battlefield). My problem is the infantry all what I have is desert camoed! (and sincerely no manufacturer has anything that can be used in army ACU)...

Maybe I can press my USMC eureka squad (painted in marpat) as troops  just  sent from other hotspots...

So you have nice hole to fill... modern US infantry...

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »
You've thought this through i see :)