Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Empire of the Daleks  (Read 3106 times)

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
The Empire of the Daleks
« on: July 18, 2020, 03:46:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've started my first army which isn't just a squad of some badly painted warhammer stuff.

The story behind this army is in the Peter Cushing movie: "Dr Who and the Daleks", the Daleks tried to detonate a bomb that would kill the entire world with radiation. These Daleks come from a different universe where instead of slowly counting down from 100, they got someone to take the bomb outside and shoot it, blowing it up, killing everyone and securing the Tardis for themselves.

These are the 2 leaders.

This is one of the normal Daleks.

This is the whole squad so far, they are pretty nice models, sadly some Eyestalks are a little bent but it's not a big problem.

One thing the Daleks did with the Tardis is mess with nearby planets,
sending Dalek DNA back in time to create allies for themselves.

Here is one of them.

These ones are equipped with a variety of objects, they are meant to fight alongside Humanoid slaves Soldiers and resupply them if necessary.

Here is the whole squad, sadly the camera decided it had better things to do at this point.

The bases of course all need working on, next I'm going to make another group of Daleks, then I'll start on some other species to fight for them. I also need to figure out how to use my camera.

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
    • baconfatblog.blogspot.com
Re: The Empire of the Daleks
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 01:09:06 AM »
Very Cool

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
A very nice start to your mighty Dalek Empire! I'll be looking forward to watching your progress.

Great to see you're using the Cushing movies as your starting point. Those and the TV21C comic strips from the 60's are a wealth of Dalek colour and lore.
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 12:33:34 PM »

The new recruits, lined up and ready for bases and paint, many thanks to twrchtrwyth for supplying them.

The trick is going to be to show restraint and not just make them all imperial Daleks, I'm going to try and make several groups that can fight eachother in games of Dominion of the Daleks when we get the rules.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »
There's also a book called "The Dalek World" came out as a Christmas annual about 1964. Might find one in a 2nd hand book shop. (probably find one in Hay on Wye if any of the little shops there are still open)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline forrester

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 07:58:11 PM »
I have the "Dalek Book", from 1963 I think, which I have hung onto over the decades, from the height of Dalekmania, when they took on a life almost independant of the parent tv show.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 09:51:49 AM »
That might be the earlier one, there were at least two. I was only lucky enough to get the second one but it has all sorts of interesting Dalek variants. (including one on stilts? for swamp planets). Orange cover. Main story arc featured the Daleks vs Mechanoids I think.

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 04:14:21 PM »
They sound like quite a treasure, I'll have to keep an eye out when I go shopping.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 07:29:03 PM »
Not sure about the earlier one, but I treasure the one I have. I think I picked it up second hand at a school jumble sale (when I was 5 or 6). I don't think I got it for Christmas - my Christmas books used to have a dedication message inside the cover

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2020, 07:33:21 AM »
...in games of Dominion of the Daleks when we get the rules.

I think that might be a hint... I'd better get to work!  :D

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
No need to rush, I have plenty of rulesets to use them in until then.  :)

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2020, 11:20:04 AM »
I've already done my first batch of Imperial Daleks, here's all the reference material I'm thinking of using:

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2020, 07:57:19 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have finished all my new Daleks, here they are:

Here is the Imperial Dalek supreme

Here is the rest of the group with their Red squad leader.

Here are the 60's Daleks, a mixture of ordinary ones and the "Leader" Daleks from the Evil of the Daleks.

The front Dalek is the Daleks' Masterplan Dalek supreme and the one behind it is the Saucer Commander from the Dalek invasion of earth.

Here are the special forces, some kind of Dalek marine corps, they all have different colour schemes, one of them is the original intended design for the supreme Dalek in the Planet of the Daleks before parts of it got stolen and it was repainted.

And here is the current overview, I think that's about all the Daleks I'll be needing, next I'll be getting some hovertanks and a couple slave races, but I'll do that later on.

I have also finished the 14 Sontarans, I'll get a pic of them another day. I haven't done the cybermen yet, I'm still choosing the correct colours.

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 10:46:18 AM »
A very fine looking parade of Skaro's finest.  :) Great work! How's your eyesight and sanity after all those tiny hemispheres?

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 05:08:26 PM »
I never had much of either to be honest  :D

I'm just lucky that the majority of the newest ones are Paradigm Daleks since they "only" have 48 instead of the usual 56.