Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:54:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Behir - slithering and wending through a dark forest.  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
Re: Behir - slithering and wending through a dark forest.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 10:12:04 AM »
Stunning work  8)

Absolutely stunning work!

Amazing work. Love it!

Thank you all! Great motivator!

A beautifully painted miniature and base! I am a fan of Bones stuff as there are lots of interesting sculpts available at a very reasonable price. It does take a lot of skill to make them look as good as this though! And thanks for the close up of the raven, it looks superb.

I agree, one has to be very careful in terms of casting quality (missing noses or soft details), but there are many gems to be found. The new Bones Black stuff is also much better. less bendy, so clean-up is easier.

Really masterful. This is one of those minis where lengthy observation is rewarding - the longer you look at it the more details there are to appreciate. I missed the raven first time around. The highlighting on the scales, the translucence of the eyes and the detail on the tree are what really caught me. Incredible stuff. I'd love to see this fit into a wider army. Oh, and the staged photo is awesome too.

Thank you. I always try to pack some detail into my stuff to reward the beholder... well, for taking the time to look ;). The eyes benefited greatly from a coat of gloss varnish. I might do this more often from now on. I have to think what kind of skirmish group it would fit into. It was intended for use in DnD, but would equally fit in a warband of wood elves.

Fantastic! What an excellent paint job,great choice of colour.The base is superb and the raven is alovley touch. Is the tree completely scratch buillt? I am curiuos about how you did the foliage? I am always trying and failing to produce realistuc trees

Much obliged! The tree trunk is, but the foliage is MiniNatur. The stuff is just great and looks the part. It is a nylon netting with static grass and small laser-cut?? leaves attached to it. Very hard to replicate.

Not much wrong with that :)
Realism patience and talent
Keep it up

Thank you for your kind words! I will, if our baby boy lets me :P.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 10:19:52 AM »
Oh my. that is quite amazing.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 08:08:35 PM »
Great paintjob on the Behir and i love that photo in the woods.
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 06:50:39 PM »
Oh my. that is quite amazing.

Thanks!

Great paintjob on the Behir and i love that photo in the woods.

Thank you, yes I am big fan of scenic shots. In addition the base works better in a forest environment with other trees around, as the beech tree modeled is not supposed to be free standing.