Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690988
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blood in Space  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Re: Blood in Space
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 06:11:58 PM »
Thanks - very much inspired by (read "copied from") Spacejacker - http://tinysolitarysoldiers.blogspot.com/2014/08/5-parsecs-continues.html though his is so much better.

I'm looking forward to following this post.

Don't put yourself down, yours looks great.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 03:45:29 AM »
I got one of these for sale.
But I see things like this to make me reconsider.

Grimm

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2020, 08:28:30 AM »
Have had a couple or more test games and, with a few tweaks, have really taken to this game. There's enough between game stuff to allow a campaign but not so much that I get bogged down.

Consequently I will be adding this to my small list of skirmish games that I cycle through.

I always like an initial bit of backstory for my games which I can then build on as I progress; I will add short battle reports and some pics as I go along.

This game lets me use my collection of sci fi terrain,  WOTC Star Wars figures for Troopers, Mercs Smugglers and Freelancers as well as the majority of my starting crew plus my Heroscape Marro.

Besides a few quid for the pdf of the rules the only thing I've spent is £5.40 on some EM4 mechs - this appeals to my Yorkshire roots more than you can imagine.

Blood in Space

A Brief History and Geography Lesson

The year is 2832 by the Old Earth Date Standard.

Mankind has long since left the remains of the Earth and populated the stars, the species now augmented by bio-ware and cybernetic implants. These humans bare some, but not much, resemblance to their biological forebears and are, on the whole, smarter, faster and more driven to succeed.

Numerous species were encountered by mankind as it careered through the Milky Way in the early years of the 25th Century; all were either defeated or negotiated into supporting the fledgling empire and allowed varying levels of autonomy dependent on their risks and abilities.

400 years later and The Imperium spans 28 star systems and is controlled, at the highest levels, exclusively by humans supported by their own unquestioning army of Imperial Troopers, loyal to a man and extremely well trained, equipped and deadly.

The only species that may have challenged this dominance is the Union of the Marro, who are similarly able and warlike.

However, the Marro follow an extreme warrior cult disallowing them from seeking power, either as individuals or as a species. Consequently, they work as mercenaries, for honour, money and the love of conflict; The Imperium spends considerable funds on promoting that the Marro religion flourishes.

At a planetary level most systems have an overarching Imperial bureaucracy but actual government is left to each individual species; so long as the profits flow the Imperium allows high levels of autonomy.

This often leads to dissent between groups, power grabs and lawlessness in some quarters, and provides ample employment for the Marro.

On the fringes of all the systems exists a loose collective of organisations, large and small, legal and not so, including freelancers, smugglers, pirates, brigands and honest merchants who keep the wheels of industry and commerce moving freely.

And finally there are the Cybers.

Initially mere robots, these constructions have become increasingly self aware over the centuries to the point where they are now usually considered sentient. Most planets recognise that Cybers have the same rights as all other beings, but there are still some outlying planets where they are treated as slaves.

This slavery is enforced by the use of control chips which effectively firewalls all independent thought and causes the indentured Cyber to adopt a similar state of a non- thinking machine. Cybers released from this servitude report being fully aware of, but unable to control, their actions.

Such actions are frowned upon by the majority but, true to their word, The Imperium will not interfere with planetary politics or custom, and so the practice continues.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 11:23:14 AM »
look forward to hearing more about this.

blood on the blade sounds interesting - I went to DTRPG only to find I'd bought the second edition rules ...  lol
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:13:29 PM by Bloggard »