Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:34:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: FT 17  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
FT 17
« on: August 10, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »
Thought the following link would be of interest and use to some of you....

http://home.comcast.net/~dapena/tanks/cipri.htm

It's got some great photos of FT17's during the Rif War of the 1920's.

Cheers, Marco
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: FT 17
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:47:44 AM »
Thanks Marco for the link.

The Grey and Olive Green camouflage for the Spanish FT 17s makes for an interesting challenge.

How much interest has been shown for this conflict so far in your product?

Ciao,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 02:28:16 AM »
Thanks Marco for the link.

The Grey and Olive Green camouflage for the Spanish FT 17s makes for an interesting challenge.

How much interest has been shown for this conflict so far in your product?

Ciao,

Helen

Yes, there's been quite a bit of interest in the range Helen and we've had a couple of great reviews for our figures - the August Issue of 'Wargames Illustrated' and also on the 'Dane of War' web site.  Dave, our very creative helper, has been scratch building a Spanish block house.  I had a little look at it tonight and, even though it still has to be painted, it looks very impressive....my hat goes off to the chap.  Basically it's being made for our future Rif War display games - the earliest ones being the 5th September at 'Border Riever', Newcastle, UK and on the 6th September at 'The Other Partizan', Newark, UK.  I will definitely be taking photos of the proceedings and posting them here on the forum  :)   Ciao, Marco

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 08:25:56 AM »
Hi marco,

Thanks for the heads up! I just purchased the Twofat Lardies PDF on the Riff war an I'm looking forward to reading this.

Helen

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »
They are indeed great photos. Thanks, Tannenberg. What lovely little things they are. Makes me want to get a 28mm one and paint it up. No idea what conflict I'd use it for, though. Doesn't really fit any of my current projects.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »
They are indeed great photos. Thanks, Tannenberg. What lovely little things they are. Makes me want to get a 28mm one and paint it up. No idea what conflict I'd use it for, though. Doesn't really fit any of my current projects.

Yes Plynkes, they're lovely little things...everyone should have one :) I was toying with the idea of getting one as well but, it's the usual story...what conflict would I use it for as well? Using it for Rif War scenarios would be great though I do think these little critters did find their way into a lot of places on this planet :) What projects have you currently got on the go at the moment?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 10:20:17 AM »
Well as far as the 20th Century goes I have Great War: Western front (but early war, so no joy there), Dardanelles, Egypt, Palestine, and Ostafrika; post-war I have the Italian invasion of Abyssinia bubbling under too. So not much joy on the Renault front, really. I think if I want to use one I'm going to have to pick a new period or jump ship into the realms of imaginary conflicts and what-ifs, and I'm not really inclined to do either at the moment.  :'(

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 10:42:01 AM »
Well as far as the 20th Century goes I have Great War: Western front (but early war, so no joy there), Dardanelles, Egypt, Palestine, and Ostafrika; post-war I have the Italian invasion of Abyssinia bubbling under too. So not much joy on the Renault front, really. I think if I want to use one I'm going to have to pick a new period or jump ship into the realms of imaginary conflicts and what-ifs, and I'm not really inclined to do either at the moment.  :'(

The Italians did have the Fiat 3000 which was based on the FT 17. These were exported to Abyssinia pre 1930.  Here's a little link for you to go on and have a quick look.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Fiat_3000
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:48:04 AM by Tannenberg »

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »
By the way, Force of Arms does it, with a hex turret, so you can definitely use it for the Italians :)

http://www.forceofarms.co.uk/catalogue.pdf

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 11:16:17 AM »
That's rather splendid news. You are a bringer of joy today, Tannenberg, and no mistaking.

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »
No problem, glad to have helped  :)