Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:29:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: the Battle Company Campaign continues- a chance to show his quality  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
    • The Miniature World of Wilgut Spleens
Hi guys

here's another Bat Rep for my Solo Battle Company Campaign, it's another big battle.I am finding Blogger to be a bit clunky at the moment, i so its in PDF form . Is anyone else having issues with Blogger?

https://wilgut.blogspot.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Wxym4KaGlfxDe-t26hVxoRayeoV9_ijQKzgXEFjAXR5FYzq7l1qP0Rro
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 01:13:01 PM by Wilgut Spleens »
I have a bad case of prescient nostalgia. The future's not what it used to be.

https://wilgut.blogspot.com/

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: a chance to show his quality
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 10:37:38 AM »
I have an error message on your blog:

accounts.google.com is blocked
ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE

Just quick looked at your posts, I love your take on LotR. Great setup, organic terrain giving life to the miniatures, natural feeling  :-* Oh, and wonderful Oliphants!

I hope you can resolve the blog trouble.

Cheers

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
Re: a chance to show his quality
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 11:07:45 AM »
I have an error message on your blog:

accounts.google.com is blocked
ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE

Just quick looked at your posts, I love your take on LotR. Great setup, organic terrain giving life to the miniatures, natural feeling  :-* Oh, and wonderful Oliphants!

I hope you can resolve the blog trouble.
thx man, i will check it out

Cheers

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Re: the Battle Company Campaign continues- a chance to show his quality
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 05:04:01 PM »
I really like those black and yellow shields.  Striking!

Offline Hunlion

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 07:38:10 PM »
Hi, I really enjoyed your write up of the battles and campaign.  I don't know anything about' Battle Company' Please could you say a little something about it.

Well done  :)

HunLion

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 09:07:07 PM »
Great looking stuff Wilgut. I love your terrain it has a very naturalistic feel to it from the scattered rocks to the arrangement/positioning and shaping of the trees (a real accolade coming from a retired arboriculturist (Tree Doctor) who regular finds wargaming trees lacking or jarring - even my own).

Blogger can be very difficult especially if you are using a mobile device to write up on (I’ve found what looks excellent on my phone/iPad can be all over the place on a regular computer screen).

Keep it up,
BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 04:05:44 AM »
An enjoyable read my friend. Ill fortune for Faramir in those dice. Even a dragon can fall to unlucky dice.

I know folks talk about the bigger SBG games bogging down but I look forward to trying for myself one day.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 06:03:09 AM »
I really like those black and yellow shields.  Striking!

Thanks mate, the description of the Haradrim from the books has always stayed with me. I dithered about whether to make the desigh all the same. quite striking en masse a I imagine, but I could not decide on which one, so I made em all different

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 06:20:22 AM »
Hi, I really enjoyed your write up of the battles and campaign.  I don't know anything about' Battle Company' Please could you say a little something about it.

Thanks mate, I am glad you like it! Battle Companies is a variant of the Strategy Battle Games Middle Earth rules by Games Workshop in which the player commands a small war band of models that can gain experience and develop skills. The combat rules are simple, everything is d6, complexity is introduced by layering more rules.

Characters can develop Heroic Capabilities which allows a certain amount of interaction, interrupting the opponents turn, fighting two consecutive duels, firing before the opponent for example

There are a number of scenarios and a couple of narrative (linked scenarios) campaigns

Battle Companies is a superb introduction to the SBG ME system as it involves small forces, battles can be played out in an hour or so
I like it because no two games are the same, the system allows for heroes fighting alongside ordinary individuals, all the LOTR profiles are represented, it is a great fit for the narrative game and it is easy to adapt.

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 06:31:26 AM »
Great looking stuff Wilgut. I love your terrain it has a very naturalistic feel to it from the scattered rocks to the arrangement/positioning and shaping of the trees (a real accolade coming from a retired arboriculturist (Tree Doctor) who regular finds wargaming trees lacking or jarring - even my own).

Blogger can be very difficult especially if you are using a mobile device to write up on (I’ve found what looks excellent on my phone/iPad can be all over the place on a regular computer screen).

Keep it up,
BALM

Thanks BALM! Geoff at Oakbound studios does some great videos on terrian creation and particularly trees. I am still not quite happy with trees, I feel another texture is needed atop the clump and maybe some dry brushing

Whats up with Blogger? They appear to be transitioning between two systems, its really trying my patience that it takes so long to write a blog.I am wondering if my blogs are too big, maybe I should try serialising my Batreps?

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 06:34:00 AM »
An enjoyable read my friend. Ill fortune for Faramir in those dice. Even a dragon can fall to unlucky dice.

I know folks talk about the bigger SBG games bogging down but I look forward to trying for myself one day.

hehheehe it will come , if you build it , it will come! I have considered a few other systems for mass battle systems , but to my mind none cut it. I am going to try to write a mass battle system of my own to incorporate the SBG system