Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gaming Fallout  (Read 25481 times)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 05:13:16 AM »
Well I was thinking more of a big leather sack that goes clink to accompany the costume (and collect dust in my underground abode).
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Unforgiven

• Scientist
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 10:50:53 PM »
Very nice stuff on this thread. I just started playing fallout about a week ago and I am HOOKED!

I will probably start making some figs for my own fallout games :)

I'm thinking Warzone bauhaus guys from the big bag of minis for some BoS and the rest im not sure yet :)

tempted to use 40k orks as super mutants..I dont know.

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 11:17:48 PM »
What was the original Fallout like? I was a huge fan of Baldur's Gate, it came out at just the right time for me; I'd started playing BG and then moved onto D&D. Ahh those where the days  :D.

Also is the new Fallout a MMORPG?

Cheers
Andy

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 11:31:18 PM »
The Kinder Surprise stuff is available in Canada, but not in the US, probably to avoid lawsuits from kids eating the eggs whole and choking on the capsules.
You can find these here in the USA. You just have to go to import or specialty stores. I find them out here on the left coast. I had a girlfreind that grew up an army brat in Germany and really likes those things.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +109

Offline Stecal

• Scientist
    • Pictures of my minis
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 12:59:05 AM »
What was the original Fallout like?

Cheers
Andy

You can legally download it for $ 6 from Good old games:  http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout/

Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

Offline Renfield286

• Librarian
  • War, War never changes...
    • Renfield in 28mm
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »
tempted to use 40k orks as super mutants..I dont know.

im using Ogryns, the 40k ork's just don't have the bulk of super mutants, i have a plastic giant that may become a super mutant behemoth at some point too.

Also is the new Fallout a MMORPG?

Fallout: new Vegas (the next one) is built on the same engine as FO3 so its likely to be more of the same.
there is Also an mmo project allegedly in the works called Project V13 that is supposedly the MMO, but this is still unannounced officially.

this is the first of my painted vault dwellers, she is a hasslefree "zombie hunter" painted with a jumpsuit.

and some of the group of tribals, waste landers and mercs that will accompany her.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:59:43 AM by Renfield286 »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
Mounted on Bottle Caps?! That is just brilliant sir! I really love that. It is ultimate Fallouty.
For me, one of the best miniatures for Fallout is the Rogue Scavenger from Grenadier/Mirliton/EM4:

He is perfect as a lone wanderer. He has lots of goodies he carries around, looks like a wasteland survivor and his Assault Rifle makes an excellent Infiltrator/Perforator if you add a silencer.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Renfield286

• Librarian
    • Renfield in 28mm
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2009, 11:46:04 AM »
Thank you kindly.
i thought that bottle caps would make nice, appropriate and cheap bases.

im not a huge fan of em4 genrally. but their scavengers are pretty cool, but i would prefer to put them with a couple of pack bhramin and a couple of merc body guards and call them traders.;) 

there are some mad scientist type henchmen in boiler suits i found online the other day who i thought would make perfect vault dwellers, and i cant remember who they are by or where i found them.

the atomic cafe 1957 stuff that brigade do make good waste landers.
and there are a couple of the steampunky types i picked up from privateer press that are going to be used as mad scientist types.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 05:33:59 AM »
What was the original Fallout like?

I got a recently released DVD with Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics. The original games were 2D isometric view type games. The combat system is turn based on a small hex grid using action points to determine how much you can do in a turn. (I guess like x-com, though I never got to play that.) If I remember right the stats and skills were based on Gurps. Everything is based on percentile skills adjusted by your stats and any difficulty like range and such. Though having 100% in skill doesn't guarantee anything as I think skills can go to 300%. :)

The first two (I'm playing through the second now) are pretty brutal as there's a good chance that any random encounter can outmatch you. Especially since alot of enemies use automatic weapons. Though they'll just as often run up and punch you while holding a rocket launcher or something. :)

The first game is very combat oriented and there is such a thing as a perfect build for a character as very few skills actually matter. Being about halfway through the second one, it's almost like the first game is a 10 hour demo for the sequel. Though the first one is very much recommended. There's so much more scope for character building, though the beginning has a combat oriented initiation trial that will kick many character's asses.

There's any number of sidequests and lot's of character interaction. However a lot of dialogue options depend on skill and stat numbers. There's a whole bunch of stuff you might never see without certain stats or skills set up high. Like being able to talk the big bad into killing himself. :)

Though you never have to deal with food, just water and at that very rarely, the games give a good feeling of trying to survive in the badlands and exploring to track down the macguffin of the game. And while there's the aforementioned bottlecaps, I find most of my bartering is done using weapons instead and I have piles of bottlecaps with no real use.

Hope that helps, I'm really enjoying the games so far.
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »
Bottlecaps are worthless in Fallout 2, being replaced by NCR dollars and barter items.

Also if you are unlucky enough to live in Europe the European versions of the games cut all content including children, rendering a number of quests broken (the censors didnt like the fact you can gun down kids.)

Offline Prof Steelblade

• Bookworm
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 09:04:45 AM »
Hello TheMightyFlip
I too have lived with that problem but I found this site:
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout_2_Restoration_Project

Now you have all the goodies that the ones from "over there" have and a lot more :)

Offline Renfield286

• Librarian
    • Renfield in 28mm
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2009, 10:49:38 AM »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 12:32:47 PM »
Not a big fan of those. The anatomy seems weird all over the place for a lot of them. It sucks as I still need several Raiders that fit in well with FO3.

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
NOOOOOooooooo!!!! More! More! More!!!  >:( >:( >:(

I just found & read through this thread for the first time. I truly did not want to ever reach the end!!  :'( :'(

Some FANTASTIC stuff and inspirational stuff in here!!

You guys have gotten me to the point where I actually want to play the game. (Last PA PC game I played was Wasteland.  :)

Not to steal the thread but what all is out for Fallout 3 if I want to buy & play it?

Warren
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Gaming Fallout
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2009, 06:43:54 PM »

im not a huge fan of em4 genrally.

:o

Wash your mouth out! Those old grenadier scuplts are spot on and I would have thought more than idea for the fallout stuff you're aiming for.

Nice pieces so far, keep em coming.

;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.