Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690726
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Never mind The Bill Hooks - rules release in next month's Wargames Illustrated  (Read 16399 times)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Never mind The Bill Hooks - rules release in next month's Wargames Illustrated
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2020, 03:11:14 PM »
Will the cards be available thru the Arcane shop, Steve?

Hi Norm, I think that there were some collating issues with the first batch of cards and the extra Skirmisher cards were included in error. The subsequent packs will only have the correct amount of Skirmisher cards. Better a few spare than a shortage! I hope that helps, regards, Steve
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
Re: Never mind The Bill Hooks - rules release in next month's Wargames Illustrated
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2020, 03:23:39 PM »
Thanks - I note that WI are now also listing spare Leader cards, a good idea to get a pack, so that you can permanently mark your leader cards with a name and have a bigger pool of named leaders to choose from.

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2020, 12:36:25 PM »
My additional leader cards arrived today - very fast service. Each pack gives 4 extra cards for each side and are of course a perfect match to the core deck. Thank you WI for getting this support material organised.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2020, 12:48:53 PM »
My additional leader cards arrived today - very fast service. Each pack gives 4 extra cards for each side and are of course a perfect match to the core deck. Thank you WI for getting this support material organised.

I ordered a pack as soon as they were available and received them quickly. Can you tell me, did the extra cards come with the original pack or will I have to put in an order of some description (hopefully free) please Norm?

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2020, 02:07:17 PM »
Hi, the core pack exactly reflects the deck that is shown at the rear of the rule book, so each side gets 4 leader cards in the core deck.

I had a very slight collation problem with mine, as I got extra 'skirmisher' cards. I enquired and they were simply extra cards that got into the pack by accident in the first few packs and so are of no use and serve no additional purpose.

4 Leaders cards are fine for the game, but I wanted some bespoke Leader cards to give me a wider pool to select my 'named' leaders at the start of a game to choose from, so I have since ordered the bumper leader pack, which gives 4 additional leader cards for each side. I will make one up as Richard III for sure and the likes of Warwick and Somerset. but I also wanted a few to cover less well known names when I do some family feud type battles / large skirmishes.

They are not necessary to have, but for me, I felt they are a nice addition.

I note they do not have the tokens yet, so the downside to the way I have bought is separate orders needing separate postage as product became available, but I take that on the chin as a response to a wargame mag going the extra mile to get this support material out.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2020, 03:12:56 PM »
Hi, the core pack exactly reflects the deck that is shown at the rear of the rule book, so each side gets 4 leader cards in the core deck.

I had a very slight collation problem with mine, as I got extra 'skirmisher' cards. I enquired and they were simply extra cards that got into the pack by accident in the first few packs and so are of no use and serve no additional purpose.

4 Leaders cards are fine for the game, but I wanted some bespoke Leader cards to give me a wider pool to select my 'named' leaders at the start of a game to choose from, so I have since ordered the bumper leader pack, which gives 4 additional leader cards for each side. I will make one up as Richard III for sure and the likes of Warwick and Somerset. but I also wanted a few to cover less well known names when I do some family feud type battles / large skirmishes.

They are not necessary to have, but for me, I felt they are a nice addition.

I note they do not have the tokens yet, so the downside to the way I have bought is separate orders needing separate postage as product became available, but I take that on the chin as a response to a wargame mag going the extra mile to get this support material out.

Cheers Norm, that clears things up nicely. I thought for a moment I might have got a dud deck- happily all is in order :)

Offline Hunlion

• Librarian
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2020, 05:32:51 PM »

You can find War of the Roses charactors here... Wars of the Roses:
A Crown of Paper Campaign Game.

http://perfectcaptain.50megs.com/request.html

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2020, 06:17:44 PM »
You can find War of the Roses charactors here... Wars of the Roses:
A Crown of Paper Campaign Game.

http://perfectcaptain.50megs.com/request.html

A Crown of Paper is a fun game.  8)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2020, 06:27:45 PM »
Giving NMTBH a try this eve - quite excited! The rules read like they'll be excellent. I love the force being split into Wards, and other aspects look great too, such as blocks of troops feeling like blocks of troops, but without loads of formation rules to tackle!

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2020, 06:35:04 PM »
Do let us know how you get on.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2020, 03:30:54 AM »
Skirmishers have a range of 6" inside woods - does that include when they are at the edge of a wood and shooting outward?

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »
Skirmishers have a range of 6" inside woods - does that include when they are at the edge of a wood and shooting outward?

My guess would be no, they can shoot as normal out of a wood if within the requisite distance from the edge of the wood; but, I defer to the rules writer for the actual interpretation.

(I haven't played a game yet so probably not the best person to answer this really  lol )

Offline AndyC

• Assistant
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2020, 08:38:08 AM »
Yes, shoot from the edge of a wood at a target outside = 12 ins.
Shoot from inside a wood at a target in the same wood 6ins.
No shooting from outside a wood at a target inside a wood.
If you shoot at a target lining the edge of a wood the target counts
as in cover ( go up one armour class). Phew....

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2020, 09:38:14 AM »

Thanks. It will be useful when I can (eventually) get a game in :)

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2020, 05:48:18 PM »

Thank you!