Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Whats on your wall?  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Whats on your wall?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 09:10:44 PM »
Painted by my daughter.....

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 09:22:03 PM »
Painted by my daughter.....

Oh I love that

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 09:24:03 PM »

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2020, 06:55:53 AM »
This is not my place but it is a private war museum that we get together and play games in a half dozen times per year (pre-COVID  ::)):

It contains memorabilia and items form WW1, WW2, and the Korean War.

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »
Nice rack  :-*

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2020, 02:30:51 AM »
I think the rifle collection is impressive; he's gone for one from all the nations.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2020, 04:33:58 AM »
Nice gaming space!
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2020, 05:29:48 AM »
The wargaming, diecast, aircraft prints and airborne stuff used to be in separate departments in the old emporium. In the New Emporium by the Seaside everything is in one auditorium...

:)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:31:31 AM by Harry Faversham »
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2020, 09:43:21 AM »
Not very wargames related as such and definitely not the original (I don't have a cool 2.7 million to fork out for such things!):

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »
As my gaming room is being (sloooowly ::) ) redecorated, right now, there is nothing on the walls at all.

But I do have stuff to put up, once the heavy work is out of the way. Some of these I've had for many decades, and will finally see their time to shine.

An original 1977 Star Wars film poster (which will be framed and go on the door), the full set of Ralph McQuary portfolios (SW, ESB and RotJ); I've reserved a stretch of wall for a small selection of these (can't and won't put all of them up ;) ), so probably somewhere between 1 to 4 per movie, each one framed.

Back in highschool I copied the LotR fold out map from my copy of the book on parchment paper in coloured inks, added an actual wax seal to it and framed it. It has been on the wall in every place I've lived since then, so it will be put up too (even though I am sorely tempted to create a much better version, with my vastly improved skill set of today...).

Then there are 4 technical blueprints of original (unseen) mechs from Battletech; I'll have to choose one of them to put up, since they're rather big.

Right now, there are also a couple of non-wargaming related artworks stored in the room, which may or may not be put up permanently: several small impressionist paintings by an uncle of my ex, on canvas,  and a rather old framed print copy of an Anton Pieck work for the Efteling (a local fairy tale theme park), depicting Little Red Riding Hood. I like Pieck's work (he did some really dark stuff too), so who knows?

I also have a plethora of wargames posters, which I might reserve one frame for, and change them out every now and then. Think mostly Warhammer (40K), but also Infinity, Warmachine, Battletech, Bolt Action, Gates of Antares, and many more.

A copy of the famous Times Magazine (Man of the Year) mirror from The Big Lebowski.

A reproduction of a huge Out of Africa painting from a Spanish museum on pre-history we visited last year; it's a skull, but also Africa, representing the Out of Africa theory. Hey; I liked it.

And finally, back in the day I framed all certificates I received for winning tournaments and/or painting competitions in the GW circuit. They're all way in the past now, so I might do away with them, but if I have to keep one, it'll probably be the triple finalist nomination from Games Day 2006. That was the very first time I entered a Golden Daemon, and went through to the finals with all three of my entries. So that one's a bit special I suppose.

Oh, and I just remembered having some limited artworks of Fokker planes of WW2 lying around too; I certainly have the G-1, and then the D-VII and one of the biplanes. They might make an appearance too.

So, phew; that's quite a bit of wall surface already reserved, and there is only so much real estate to go around. I might have to make choices... ::)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2020, 05:11:22 PM »
Not very wargames related as such and definitely not the original (I don't have a cool 2.7 million to fork out for such things!):

Good taste!

I have a small Grayson perry drawing that he made for me after a lecture.again not wargame related.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2020, 10:13:28 PM »

It does kind of remind me of those woods on WW1 battlefields after a few bombardments!

If you did have 2.7 million, I would like to hope you would spend it more wisely on lots of toy soldiers and a custom built gaming hall in which to house and game with them in  lol

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2020, 10:46:38 PM »
Atheling,I like your print :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2020, 09:45:23 AM »
Atheling,I like your print :)

Anselm Kiefer's probably one of the most interesting artists of the 20th Century. Still very much relevant today IMHO. Gerhard Richter's another artist who broke down the walls. His Baader Meinhof series is mind blowing. And very subtle.