Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:17:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Are the Perry Triple Alliance Figures Compatible with Wargame Foundry ACW  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
 I am drooling over the new "War of the Triple Alliance" range that is being offered by Perry Miniatures, but I am hesitant about adding the figures to my collection and would like to know if the foot figures are compatible with the Wargames Foundry American Civil War range or are they huge like the ACW 121(Dismounted Union Cavalry Command),ACW 122 (Dismounted Union Cavalry Command), and ACW 123( Dismounted Confederate Cavalry Command).  Thank you, this is really appreciated more than you know.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
I am drooling over the new "War of the Triple Alliance" range that is being offered by Perry Miniatures, but I am hesitant about adding the figures to my collection and would like to know if the foot figures are compatible with the Wargames Foundry American Civil War range or are they huge like the ACW 121(Dismounted Union Cavalry Command),ACW 122 (Dismounted Union Cavalry Command), and ACW 123( Dismounted Confederate Cavalry Command).  Thank you, this is really appreciated more than you know.

Perry Miniatures huge? Does not compute  lol

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
I'm not intimately familiar with the new War of the Triple Alliance range, but I think that Perry minis are a bit bigger than the Foundry ACW range in general. I worked with Foundry ACW minis, and they're really nice, I just don't think they'd mix well with Perry figures within the same unit.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
I don't have any of the War of the Triple Alliance figures (as least not yet, we'll see how long my manly resolve lasts...) but based on comments from a reliable someone who purchased them, it would appear the WTA miniatures are taller and leaner than the old Foundry ACW sculpts and even some earlier Perry ranges. Alan Perry's sculpting style has evolved over time and his figures have lost a bit of bulk and gained a couple of millimeters in the process. So expect the old Foundry range to look short and stocky next to the more recent Perry stuff, with noticeably larger heads as well.

Mind you, there are occasional size inconsistencies within some Perry ranges as well : in the ACW range, the dismounted Union cavalry troopers (released some ten to twelve years ago) look a bit small next to their intended command pack (sculpted circa 2015 or 2016 and containing noticeably taller miniatures). 

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
Thank you for taking the time to answer my queries.  It is greatly gives me food for thought in developing my wargame armies.  I will give this a "wait and see" approach as long as my will can hold out. The miniatures are tempting.  I love the dynamism of the figures and if they did "fit" in with the figures in my armies they would really "pop" on the wargame table with the additions from Perry.
 Your efforts and opinions are valued and appreciated.

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
I don't have any Triple Alliance figures but here are 2 pictures of Perry/Foundry/Crusader ACW figures from my collection.

The Perry figure comes out at 28.5mm to the eyes, the Foundry is 28mm and the Crusader is 27.5mm but given he is in a marching pose rather than standing I think he would work out at 28mm if straightened up. Overall very little difference.
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club