Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690603
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ACW II 1933. New Sacramento Campaign  (Read 49215 times)

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
Re: ACW II 1933. New Sacramento Campaign
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2023, 12:13:17 AM »
Here are the pics of the first game we put on using the "Weird War" rules referenced by Leadfool.  Thie scenario was the Blue Klux Klan and their infernal machine were attempting to steal a gold shipment being kept in a local warehouse.  The BKK and their machine (actually a D&D contraption made by Wizkids) entered from their hideout in a local junkyard and were opposed by an eclectic collection of local forces and visiting superheroes including Captain America and Bucky (who sadly did not survive the game), The Shadow, Sgt Rock and two new heroes Buck Masters and Breitbart.  Because the forces entered on opposite sides of the table it took a few turns for them to make contact but finally the infernal machine opened fire on a militia unit and inflicted a couple of casualties.  At this point the forces of good launched a mass attack on the machine and finally after a multi turn melee (and suffering several casualties) managed to destroy it.  While this was occurring the one of other two units of the BKK engaged a police unit and defeated it but were pretty thoroughly decimated in the process.  Meanwhile the Grand Kleegle and her personal unit advanced on Captain America and Bucky and after a vicious firefight managed to kill the unfortunate Bucky.  Of course, when this happened Captain America became enraged and killed the entire unit  of the BKK (including the Grand Kleegle) in a massive melee.  At this point the surviving members of the BKK fled the field in a cowardly fashion.  Another victory for the good guys!   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 12:22:59 AM by mikos khan »

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2023, 12:15:45 AM »
The good guys advance on the enemy

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2023, 12:17:29 AM »
More good guys.

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2023, 12:20:04 AM »
The superheroes arrive!

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2023, 12:21:25 AM »
Destroying the infernal machine

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2023, 08:26:45 AM »
Thanks for posting these but do they belong here? 
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #366 on: January 03, 2023, 08:11:48 PM »
Don't see why not. This has always been the correct subforum for VBCW etc. as well, and this is simply a VBCW spinoff.

In other news, what a match. Thanks for all the photos!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline KD47

• Librarian
  • What is best in life?
« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2023, 12:13:48 AM »
Cool game.   I wonder who makes the urban street mats?  Such a handy thing, innit?   This one looks kind of familiar......

Dig the early 20th century Scorpitron, those always make intersections non-negotiable.   Multiple LAW and RPG .....err....... BAZOOKA hits usually do the extermination job.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 12:17:05 AM by KD47 »
For former content of mine, search my former user ID kalebdaark:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=4831

Offline Stryder

• Assistant
    • Dirt Miniatures
« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2023, 11:11:19 PM »
Great play by play description of the game. This conveyance of doom is giving me major soda pop can vibs!

Here are the pics of the first game we put on using the "Weird War" rules referenced by Leadfool.  Thie scenario was the Blue Klux Klan and their infernal machine were attempting to steal a gold shipment being kept in a local warehouse.  The BKK and their machine (actually a D&D contraption made by Wizkids) entered from their hideout in a local junkyard and were opposed by an eclectic collection of local forces and visiting superheroes including Captain America and Bucky (who sadly did not survive the game), The Shadow, Sgt Rock and two new heroes Buck Masters and Breitbart.  Because the forces entered on opposite sides of the table it took a few turns for them to make contact but finally the infernal machine opened fire on a militia unit and inflicted a couple of casualties.  At this point the forces of good launched a mass attack on the machine and finally after a multi turn melee (and suffering several casualties) managed to destroy it.  While this was occurring the one of other two units of the BKK engaged a police unit and defeated it but were pretty thoroughly decimated in the process.  Meanwhile the Grand Kleegle and her personal unit advanced on Captain America and Bucky and after a vicious firefight managed to kill the unfortunate Bucky.  Of course, when this happened Captain America became enraged and killed the entire unit  of the BKK (including the Grand Kleegle) in a massive melee.  At this point the surviving members of the BKK fled the field in a cowardly fashion.  Another victory for the good guys!   
"I came, I saw, I gamed - Veni, vidi, lusimus"

Offline Temperance Society

• Schoolboy
« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2023, 06:52:08 PM »
The infernal machine fits in nicely. Great mix of troops too - very weird.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #370 on: February 02, 2023, 10:31:00 PM »
I think future wierd war games will be posted in the Pulp section.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2023, 08:08:02 PM »
we played a game labeled the battle of the Peking Duck, using the regular rules but back of beyond forces. 

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2023, 01:50:34 AM »
See our "somewhere on the Northwest frontier" for the latest game using these rules.  Also look for our River City fight, coming soon. 

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #373 on: November 02, 2023, 12:10:39 AM »
We have a new game posted in the Pulp section, raid on Innsmouth. 

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #374 on: December 24, 2023, 11:58:28 PM »
We recently revisited our Sacramento ACW2 campaign (mainly to practice for our long delayed Sacramento River pirate game).  This one was a raid by  the Morslems against a USMC detachment guarding a US govt gold shipment.  The Morslems (my guys) entered on opposite sides of the board and using cover were able to close in fairly close to the Marine position without taking too many casualties although I did lose one unit to long range rifle fire and my machine team (due to poor placement on my part).  The remaining Morslem units were doing a fairly good job of whittling down the outnumbered Marines until the armored relief column consisting of a Christie T-3 and a White scout car arrived and quickly disposed of the Morslem armored car.  At this point the Morslem commander (me) decided discretion was the better part of valor and beat a hasty retreat from the field.