Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: CoC - Western Front - Martlet Map 3 Game 6 report  (Read 125381 times)

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Waffen-SS Panzer Grenadiers for Chain of Command
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2020, 09:20:13 AM »
Cheers guys.

Going to try and get through these in batches.  First up, I think I will tackle the soldiers wearing parkas.  Going to stick with this Italian faded scheme but dot in a few non camo green shades too.

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2020, 10:10:58 AM »
Cool project, I'll be following.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2020, 09:10:16 PM »
Welcome aboard!

So, the sprue for the Grenadiers arrived.  I’m a little puzzled with it.  There are some nice bits on the sprue....but they are a little I’ll fitting.  There is also a height discrepancy between themselves and with the great coated guys.  Easily overlooked though.

Luckily, I’m going to try and join them altogether  with a few smocks though!  ;)

As I realise I need a further squad of grenadiers for one of the support choices, I thought I’d make / convert a few more.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:15:21 PM by Digits »

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2020, 08:56:15 AM »
Gaming mat has arrived...excellent service as usual from Deepcut Studio.

Now we need to fill it with scenery and a few opposing armies!

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
Nice mat 8)

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2020, 06:20:53 PM »
Yup, pretty funky.

Another team.  This time I’m using a figure from the plastic grenadier sprue.

Should be an interesting exercise in camo schemes.....he has a zeltbahn over a reversible smock.  Waste not want not.

Hmm....just spotted a little bit needing a tidy up on the gunner......useful to take pics!

Edit:  a couple more riflemen using the panzer grenadier sprue.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:43:15 AM by Digits »

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
Your putty pushing skills are looking good! I really like how you've managed to blend the two kits together.

The Waffen SS kit is another plastic set that would provide some variance to your troops as well as some STG-44s  :D

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Cheers Splod.  I may we’ll get a sprue and have a play.  Tbh....I think I’ve hit my target number now...so any thing I make now simply gives me the chance to stand down the ones I don’t care for.  But yes, as it’s been easy enough to winterise the grenadiers, those SS would be just the same I imagine, thanks.

I suppose I really to get a few figures painted this weekend.....

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
Well.. For CoC you need 3x full squads, plus a fourth from your support options.

That and it's only if they're panzergrenadiers or SS that you have 2x Mg-34/42 in a squad. If you run them as Volksgrenadiers or leg infantry there are only 3x LMGs for the entire platoon. So you'll need extra riflemen to swap out those LMG teams.

Oh, and you'll need crews for any halftracks...

And while you're at it you may as well do a storm platoon as well to give you more options  :D

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Yup, made enough for the extra squad (plus I found a section of unpainted paratroops I could use ) and yes I do need a few more for swapping out the lmg’s....you are correct sir!

Being made aware about Big CofC, I have ordered a Panzer IV zug.

I have the winter Heer warlord models, mostly in smocks, for some of my support options.  Namely, HMG, flame thrower, sniper, medic, forward observer.  I also have an Artizan Pak 40 but I need to order more crew.  I also have a warlord Hanomag and a STuG.  Lots to be getting in with....

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Yup, made enough for the extra squad (plus I found a section of unpainted paratroops I could use ) and yes I do need a few more for swapping out the lmg’s....you are correct sir!

Being made aware about Big CofC, I have ordered a Panzer IV zug.

I have the winter Heer warlord models, mostly in smocks, for some of my support options.  Namely, HMG, flame thrower, sniper, medic, forward observer.  I also have an Artizan Pak 40 but I need to order more crew.  I also have a warlord Hanomag and a STuG.  Lots to be getting in with....
Report to moderator    Logged

And all from a guy whose decries his own out-put.
David you are an ENGINE mate, & a high powered one to boot.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
I said I have them......NOT that I’d yet painted them! Lol

I ordered a pack of tank riders which turned up today.  You can take your pick who to put with the gunner, but you can create a very nice lmg team with them.

Funny, looking round the web, I’ve seen a lot of people putting teams on square bases?  Just a matter of taste perhaps but I prefer mine on round.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 03:33:13 PM by Digits »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Great use for the tank riders! I think one of the bodies from the grenadier sprue can be used in the same prone position, to portray a bloke priming his panzerfaust before firing.

Great job!

And I have to thank you, I developed motivation to have a go at my WW2 stuff again after looking and reading this excellent post!  :)
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
That’s pleasing to hear!  I’m forever starting new projects after reading other guys posts on LAF! Lol