Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: CoC - Western Front - Martlet Map 3 Game 6 report  (Read 126856 times)

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: CoC - Western Front - “ Die Engländer kommen !”
« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2021, 01:20:15 PM »
Nice touches David.
I just hope some awkward bugger doesn't drive backwards & forwards over all your nice fences,
so that you run out of broken bits.  :D :D :D

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2021, 05:45:52 PM »

I will keep an RPG ready ( well Panzerfaust anyway) especially for any such vandal!

Going to get some Tommies based ready for painting.  I really should get Fallschirmjager painted, but feel the urge to paint something British, even if is a single section.

Jamie is currently painting my Cromwells.  I’d like to think I had a few infantry ready to accompany them for their “photo shoot”

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2021, 06:56:33 PM »
I suspect the longevity and effectiveness of your grunt grinding the fixtures and fittings .Depends on whether he's using them as extensions to the mine fields. lol
Looking forward to see the Cromwell's as I've always had a soft spot form them. If I'm honest when I'm using a generic unit to a specific one I prefer them on the table to Sherman's.

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2021, 08:07:27 PM »
Yup, both mine and Jamie’s favourite British Tank.  I am having a squadron of three plus a Sherman firefly - Armoured reconnaissance

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2021, 07:03:03 PM »
Cheers James.

Well, Jamie just handed me my first two British AFV’s...a lovely pair of Achilles Tank Destroyers.....beautiful!

I need to get on with ordering some crew for them...but I suppose more importantly, I need to get on with painting a British force ready for our Normandy games.  I have time a plenty as we have an Ardennes campaign to play out first, but I like to be prepared.

Planning on on having  a BIG CoC Normandy game in the Summer, complete with fine British Weather and BBQ with the guys, so with that in mind, I handed Jamie my reconnaissance troop of three Cromwell’s and a Sherman Firefly to complete my  British armour.  Other bits to support it include a Humber II, a couple of Universal carriers, a halftrack  and maybe a pair of trucks....but they can all wait until nearer the time.

I also have a platoon of British courtesy of Crusader miniatures with a few Artizan minis to make up numbers. 

Of course, Jamie is ALSO collecting British...so lots of choice...!

Those are lovely, but I would love to see some bods with heads sticking out of the turret and a ton of kit hung off the sides...
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: CoC - Western Front - More painted support
« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2021, 07:05:56 PM »
I wish WLG did the metal Pioneer pieces as a separate pack, they are a really useful set. I tried to buy the metal pieces separately on a Nottingham store visit years ago and they wanted 20 quid just for the metal parts, so I bought the whole pack for about 9 quid more.

I'm in the same boat, I want some engineers, but I really don't need another box of Warlord plastics. Making the kit available separately would be a real seller I am sure.

Oh, and I feel the same about Shermans vs Cromwells, though I do comfort myself at least there are different Shermans.

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #411 on: March 12, 2021, 08:14:51 PM »
Cheers.  Rest assured I have ordered some Rubicon crew for the destroyers.

Your Sherman’s look great.

Jamie has finished my Cromwells and the firefly so pics once I have them.  Plenty of stowage on them.

And, as the pioneer box arrived today, I have been sat  starting to convert a few winter pioneers.  Should have them built tomorrow.  A few spare back packs for Jamie and I will put the others on eBay!

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2021, 12:24:33 AM »
Cheers.  Rest assured I have ordered some Rubicon crew for the destroyers.

Your Sherman’s look great.

Jamie has finished my Cromwells and the firefly so pics once I have them.  Plenty of stowage on them.

And, as the pioneer box arrived today, I have been sat  starting to convert a few winter pioneers.  Should have them built tomorrow.  A few spare back packs for Jamie and I will put the others on eBay!

Looking forward to seeing those winter pioneers, I have to confess this thread has been a real driver in starting my own winter Volksgrenadiers platoon.

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #413 on: March 14, 2021, 04:36:12 PM »
They should look better painted! 😉

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2021, 04:48:31 PM »
They should look better painted! 😉

They look terrific. Nice work there.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2021, 04:49:20 PM »
Are the bits from the early war set?
Does nobody make a late war set?

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #416 on: March 14, 2021, 04:56:43 PM »
They look terrific. Nice work there.

Cheers fella.

Mac....they sell a few later war SS pioneers I think...but no winter ones.   I’ve used a few bits on panzer grenadier / Waffen SS plastics.  The metal prone figure is straight from the boxed set....simply adding tunic and disguising the jackboots fixes it.

I may do two  more troopers later  with back packs to make two teams.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #417 on: March 14, 2021, 07:54:58 PM »
Are the bits from the early war set?
Does nobody make a late war set?

Yup, early wear set, the Pio backpacks, as well as the other implements that are all in metal. And I have to agree, it is a shame it isn't available separately as an upgrade set for other kits.

That out of the way, cracking work Digits, and looking forward to seeing them with paint on.  :)
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: CoC - Western Front - Winter Pioneers
« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2021, 10:37:48 PM »
Here you go then.

As I understand it, the pioneer backpacks were given to less than a third of the pioneers....so I can make up numbers with troopers already painted.

I think they turned out ok.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: CoC - Western Front - Winter Pioneers
« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2021, 10:53:38 PM »
Very nice. I have been trying to get closeups of the Pioneer equipment with a view to scratching some.