Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Aeronautica Imperialis T'au  (Read 965 times)

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
Aeronautica Imperialis T'au
« on: September 02, 2020, 05:37:37 PM »
Hey guys, I finished painting up my T'au planes for Aeronautica Imperialis. I've played one game so far, but it was with Imperials vs. Orks. I can't wait to try out the T'au.

https://wyrdstonesandtacklezones.com/2020/09/02/under-the-brush-aeronautica-imperialis/

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Aeronautica Imperialis T'au
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
Those look great!

Don’t want to derail the thread, but I’m curious what you impression of the rules is? How quickly does it play?

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:43:35 AM »
They look great. Interesting that you went for the wash as I was thinking “ What, no wash?” as I  watched the video. I understand the Tau “official” aesthetic is usually very clean, but I like what you have done. The Tau/Kroot are probably the only thing I like from GW.

Years of painting camo and I have only just seen this dry brush technique. A light bulb goes on! So thanks for that.

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »
Exceptionally nice work! I'm ploughing through my Air Waaagh! at the moment, and I'm throughly sick and tired of grungy, gribbly wiring, pipes, rivets and open panels! I think you've inspired me to break out my T'au soon, so I can enjoy those nice, clean lines!
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 01:54:47 PM »
Those look fantastic!

Online Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 03:19:37 PM »
Great work, especially on miniatures that small!

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 04:20:52 PM »
Those look great!

Don’t want to derail the thread, but I’m curious what you impression of the rules is? How quickly does it play?

It's been a couple months since we played, but the rules are really simple and quick to learn. The strategy is learning how to properly use the ace maneuvers to get your planes to be where they are most effective. The game itself is pretty quick, I think it took about an 1.5 hours with rules explanation?

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »
They look great. Interesting that you went for the wash as I was thinking “ What, no wash?” as I  watched the video. I understand the Tau “official” aesthetic is usually very clean, but I like what you have done. The Tau/Kroot are probably the only thing I like from GW.

Years of painting camo and I have only just seen this dry brush technique. A light bulb goes on! So thanks for that.

I think if you do the drybrush method you'll still see the darker basecoat in the cracks, but using the airbrush definitely fills it in. As there's so many lines and panels you definitely want a wash in there.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 04:22:28 PM »
Great brushwork!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 04:26:46 PM »
Exceptionally nice work! I'm ploughing through my Air Waaagh! at the moment, and I'm throughly sick and tired of grungy, gribbly wiring, pipes, rivets and open panels! I think you've inspired me to break out my T'au soon, so I can enjoy those nice, clean lines!

Thanks! Yeah the orks definitely have more details, but also have a better excuse for gritty and messy paint jobs :)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 11:39:29 PM »
Thanks for the description of the game play, it sounds like it plays quick, even when new to the rules. The kits certainly look great once they’re built and painted!