Forum > The Second World War

FOW basic points of stuff??

(1/1)

shadowking1957:
hiya just getting in to FOW using the list form the books but i have a lot based on rapid fire organisation, so is there a basic price list of the  vehicles, Tanks, infantry guns etc so I can still use my existing forces??

Tony

Doc Twilight:
Tony -

Unfortunately, there is no basic list of points costs. FOW uses the "codex" system, which means that armies are provided in "army books." In the case of FOW, the army books are usually limited to a specific period of time (some ridiculously specific, ie: one week in 1944), but on the up side they do tend to cover multiple armies with their books these days.

You can actually get some lists free from the FOW website.

My advice, for what it's worth, would be to take any history in FOW with a massive grain of salt. Their research ranges from quite reasonable to patently ridiculous and blatantly false, and it's bad history colored by the fact that they have no interest in producing certain models and don't want players using models produced by other manufacturers, so for example, certain historical facts are changed in order to allow certain armies to field weapon system A while completely ignoring weapons system B.

But again, it's incredibly uneven. Some of their stuff is very good. It's literally an issue of taking it on a case by case basis.

That said, it's a fun game. It's just... run by a company with only slightly more integrity than the "Evil Empire".

-Doc

Auton:
These spreadsheets might be of use to you. I'm using them to put together my first FoW force (Soviet)

http://www.protegedesign.com/FOW/Table/Army_Table.html

Nick

shadowking1957:
thanks my friends alwasy know you have the info ..

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version