Forum > Adventures in the Far East

Ronin - First Foray into Wargaming (Now w/ the Undead!)

(1/23) > >>

Charlemagne:
Hi everyone! While in quarantine here in the US I have found a lot of extra time for hobbying (silver lining!) and have managed to paint enough miniatures and gather enough terrain for my first fully painted wargame! I was able to get a couple of games in using Osprey's sengoku-era skirmish rules (Ronin) the other weekend with my wonderful and similarly hobby-minded dad (a lead adventure veteran, Metternich), and we both enjoyed ourselves immensely! Getting to play a game with the works has really stoked my passion for expanding on my ronin collection and hopefully eventually having enough together to run a persistent campaign. I can definitely see putting up a few battle reports if that would be of interest here, but in the meantime here are some glamour shots of my two warbands: Bandits (or Wako pirates!) and Sohei.

The Sohei are all Northstar games' sohei warband, while the Bandits/Pirates are all Perry miniatures (with some minor conversions to make them feel a little less like Ikko-Ikki and a little more like bandits!) with the exception of the senior ronin with forked Yari, who is a test of honour miniature. Also threw in a bonus shot of some probably incomplete parts of a bushi warband (still working on the red and might go back over the armor) and an unfinished unarmored ronin/sword school member.

Any suggestions for additions to my terrain collection, especially things I can make myself on the cheap? Beyond what I have shown I have some bamboo from ebay that just needs some painting and another 4ground peasant's house and Koryu Dojo, but I'd love to hear everyone's ideas to flesh everything out more! Thanks for looking!

Full Album:
https://myalbum.com/album/7572kvS8UWDw

Both Together:

Bandit/Wako Buntai:

Sohei Buntai:

WIP Bushi Buntai and Bonus Unarmored Samurai:

Terrain:

Blackwolf:
Tried to get it to work...Try myalbum.com
Nice work by the way :-*

Charlemagne:
Thanks Blackwolf, I just added an album in bold at the top on myalbum.com, it looks a lot better I think!

Blackwolf:

Here you go :)

Charlemagne:
Just figured it out, thanks again Blackwolf!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version