Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Newish... My line of Sc-Fi Star wars inspired speeders  (Read 3272 times)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
Re: Newish... My line of Sc-Fi Star wars inspired speeders
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 03:48:52 PM »
Managed to get a few prints at 20mm.  Ironically, this is the actual size I modeled this vehicle at. I found an old Action Fleet R2 unit, and it fits perfectly in the socket!  The kit will also include a printed R2 unit I created for this vehicle.  I think pricing will be half of the larger model on all the vehicles.  But they will also all include the needed decal sets and figures that the larger ones have. 15mm tests are next!

Next to the 1/48 one and its R2

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 05:36:50 PM »
Looks great at 20mm. Why the difference in roll cage between the two?

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »
I'd love to get one of those scout speeders in scale with the WEG figures. Really nice work on all of the vehicles.
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 07:57:32 PM »
Looks great at 20mm. Why the difference in roll cage between the two?

The kit comes with both roll cage options and an R2 unit :)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 08:04:13 PM »
I'd love to get one of those scout speeders in scale with the WEG figures. Really nice work on all of the vehicles.

That's about 20mm?  I'll have all my sci-fi models available in 15mm, 20mm, and heroic 28mm.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 10:17:04 PM »
The old WEG are true 25mm, only stuff I've found vehicle wise that fits well is the GZG 25mm range - figures too fit well.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2020, 05:15:45 PM »
I do have this model.  It's a stand in Imperial Transport hover ship, which is complete but I decided not to offer it. I think is too big to offer in 1/48.  But it looks to fit 25mm and below.

test print in fdm, though any future offering would be resin (unless anyone wants to buy the sample ;)

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2020, 07:01:09 PM »
That is what I do here....
I've partnered with a local expert that has about 8 printers ...

Just catching up.

The key thing here is the 'local' - folk still get stung by international postage that is currently going in one direction (up and up) and as the world sinks more into recession anything that generates sales should be looked at - I can understand there is a matter of trust over sales but I hope for international buyers this could be overcome.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 06:23:24 PM »

Just catching up.

The key thing here is the 'local' - folk still get stung by international postage that is currently going in one direction (up and up) and as the world sinks more into recession anything that generates sales should be looked at - I can understand there is a matter of trust over sales but I hope for international buyers this could be overcome.

I don't see why not.  There would just need to be some extra work involved. Labels, packaging, correct branding. My only issues are branding.  For example, my company B models are also sold by other companies.  A lot of these models took a tremendous amount of time to sculpt or develop.  But almost all references to the product refer to it being owned by those retail companies and not me or company B. This means additional sales are constantly being routed to those companies.  Granted, the world of .stl files and such is completely different. But this is also pretty prevalent on sites like Etsy, where the same STL files re sold by different print shops. 

Another idea, would be do also develop specific ranges of models for different regions.  An intriguing partnership idea.

Offline Muddypaw

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 07:49:11 PM »
Do you plan to offer the files for sale and download? There were a couple a few days ago but they seem to have been removed from sale.

Cheers.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 08:01:46 PM »
Eventually.  I had the files up for a long time with zero purchases or interest. I'm going to reformat/Slice them at specific scales, and perhaps prep them with supports for printing.  Though this a a large amount of work to tack onto my already bloated to do list!

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 08:14:27 PM »
Branding is an interesting point.

One thought would be to add your logo and name to the bottom of vehicles and build it into trading agreements (style briefs are easy to create) if you wish.  Others (Very Very  few) gain a name despite only selling via others e.g. Kev 'the goblin master' Adams but I think that's a lot lot harder without social media driving it.

I'm in two minds over the regional figures - I love the idea of getting limited editions but in these days of international trade would this work or upset more customers?  GW have broken the 'limited edition' idea with the 'make to order' process - maybe that is the way to go for regional kits?  Available in USA / Canada in Jan then in ROW  June or July or even a year later???

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
Re: New 15mm, 20mm and 28mm line of Sc-Fi Star wars inspired speeders
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2020, 02:28:48 AM »
Ok, test prints of the first four models are complete! and I actually have stock of all the 20mm versions pictured.  Shipping is still being figured out though. Top images are my 1/48 speeders for comparison.

I also have a few of the 15mm ones as well.
https://littlemetalspaceships.com

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2020, 04:13:58 AM »
Wow, what a treat! 

I’ve got my eye on the 15mm air hauler and the skiff (2nd and 4th from right, respectively).

Dan

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2020, 05:19:06 PM »
Nice.