Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Four questions for Oathmark players

<< < (2/3) > >>

Historiker:
Thanks to you both!

Yes the "30 figures per side" was probably more of a description of the game at warband level with the actual figure count for a given points value is vastly different from faction to faction.

I have now played around a bit with the Army Planner and points values indeed vary a lot. As they should.

In all honesty I am mostly drawn to the artstyle - these illustrations are just fantastic! -  and the potential of narrative play. This means that huge armies are probably not going to be a thing for the time being.

It's just one of these autumn projects brought forth by rereading the Lord of the Rings  :)

Historiker:
PS: I could not even start the project even if I had not limited by WIP projects because apparently 20mm bases are SOLD OUT where I live. Another strange phenomenon produced by the Corona situation I guess.

fred:
Reading the above makes me think about if you can shrink unit frontages more, and if figure counts matter?

Could you drop to 6cm frontages and half ranges and move distances? Would the figure count matter? And if not them smaller scale figures become an option.

Ogrob:
If you want to tinker with ranges, of course you can tinker with figure size. Oathmark uses invididual casualty removal as each rank of five makes the unit stronger in a fight, but it should play exactly the same with the same proportion of range to frontage.

Elbows:
Also, if you're into smaller games, maybe Dragon Rampant would be worth a look as well.  Much looser rules, not quite as technical - but can be played at any number of scales/sizes, etc.  I'd imagine it's not as deep as Oathmark in some respects (particularly campaigns, etc.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version