Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685053
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Empress [COMMERCIAL] LATEST NEW RELEASES Iron Duke Orange River Range.  (Read 12797 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
New packs released for this developing and unusual range.

https://www.empressminiatures.com/iron-duke-miniatures-120-c.asp

OR 1B British Line or Light Infantry, skirmish line, coatees, peaked Kilmarnocks, regulation crossbelt equipment, blanket packs, P1842 percussion muskets. Set II. (8 figs).

OR 4 Mounted Basotho Set III: 'Traditional Warriors'. (8 riders only). [For horses use 2 x THEM 1].

OR5 Mounted Basotho Set IV. 'Later Basotho.' (6 riders and horses).

OR 9 Mounted Griquas. (6 riders and 6 horses). [Suitable also as Newlanders, Bergenaars, Korana, Basotho, agterryers ('after riders') in a boer commando, Mfengu drovers; also suited to the Cape Frontier Wars in the role of 'Hottentot' levies and, in the 8th CFW particularly, Kat River rebels].

OR 10 British Line or Light Infantry, skirmish line, officers and headdress variants. (5 figs). [Use with OR 1 and OR 1B].

Offline Ranthony

• Scientist
Brilliant sculpts, I am so very tempted.

I'm trying desperately to stay focused on acquiring and painting the zulu war.

You don't want that, do you?
Exodus 1:10 KJV
Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

• Scatterbrained Genius
We have some new AZW packs coming out soon so best stay focused  lol

Offline Ranthony

• Scientist
We have some new AZW packs coming out soon so best stay focused  lol

You might as well just take my wallet now.

I can't wait.

• Scatterbrained Genius
We have some new releases for the Iron Dukes 28mm ranges .

OR11 British Infantry firing line. Centre company in Kilmarnock caps. 1842 percussion muskets.

Now in the shop.

https://www.empressminiatures.com/orange-river-range-126-c.asp

• Scatterbrained Genius
NEW IRON DUKE RELEASES.
Mounted British Staff Officers in forage caps and frockcoats. (2 riders, 2 horses)
Suitable for 1849 onwards. South Africa, 2nd Sikh War, Crimea, Mutiny, 2nd China War

https://www.empressminiatures.com/or13-2768-p.asp

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Another interesting period and very particular and also interesting natives types...before toying with the idea of aa new project..may i ask to the experts of the period if those British Infantry both in peaked cap or kilmarcock labelled " 1849" could also be used in the North West Frontier or during First Afghan War, obviously for the summer season..(I ask that cause i already have a NWF tribesmen army and i would be happy to paint only a period red coated British one)?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 01:08:42 PM by italwars »

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Hi Italwars,

Here's a painting showing the 13th Regt. (later the Somerset Light Inf.) during their April 1st, 1842, "Sortie from Jellalabad":

To my eye the only issue would be the knapsacks, which while worn in Africa, were generally left with the baggage train in India and Afghanistan.
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
That Cunliffe painting shows the troops in shell jackets and shirtsleeves. It depicts a foraging expedition so suitably light kit. If you wanted to depict troops in this order of dress your best bet would be Empress’ Maori War range which has suitable figures. Packs NZ 01 through to NZ04 would be ideal.

https://www.empressminiatures.com/maori-wars-7-c.asp
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Many thanks to both Mad Guru and Carlos for the suggestion...my problem is that i was looking for a single British Army (few castings for large skirmish type games) that could do both for NWF of India and Africa ..as said the bacpack could be an issue in India but were those Maori war British infantry also suitable, in ADDITION TO NWF, to be fielded against those mounted african tribesmen and maybe Xhosas or Boers..i'm probably overstretching things but maybe i could be lucky in needing to paint just a pair of red coated British small units  for everything and then dedicate my energies (and money) to those beautiful mounted african warriors or colourful native auxiliaries  :)..thanks for your patience
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:00:14 PM by italwars »

• Scatterbrained Genius
If you are trying to game the NWF in the 1840's then the Iron Duke Afghan range is perfect. For Africa then the Iron Duke Orange River is perfect.

If you are trying to do it in a generic way I would suggest that mixing them would be fine.   

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
The pack of Mounted Griquas I ordered turned up yesterday and they are such lovely figures, so full of character.

Steve

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] NEW RELEASES Iron Duke Orange River Range. 01/10/21
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2021, 02:04:58 PM »
A couple of more releases from Iron Duke.

Exclusively available from Empress Miniatures.

ORANGE RIVER

OR 12 British Line Infantry, skirmish line, flank company coatees, Kilmarnocks (no peak), regulation crossbelt equipment, blanket packs, P1842 percussion muskets. (8 figs).

THEM RANGE

THEM 17 Set of 4 British Regular Cavalry Horses, standing at halt.

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] NEW RELEASES Iron Duke Orange River Range. 01/10/21
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2022, 01:11:44 PM »
New 28mm release from Iron Duke for their Orange River Campaign range.

British Line/Light Infantry, Skirmish Line Command. Mtd field officer & horse, 1 officer on foot, 2 sergeants, a sergeant-major and a characterful private.

• Scatterbrained Genius
New release today are for the 28mm Iron Duke ranges.

WKF 2 Xhosa horseholders. 2 boy horseholders and 6 horses.
THEM 19 Set of 4 EIC Irregular Cavalry Horses, Galloping, legs gathered.
THEM 20 Set of 4 EIC Irregular Cavalry Horses, Galloping, legs extended.
THEM 23 Set of 4 Irregular Horses, sheepskin saddles (suitable for Basotho/Xhosa/others besides).
THEM 24 Set of 4 Irregular Horses, sheepskin saddles, walking. (suitable for Basotho/Xhosa/others besides).