Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 89925 times)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Excellent additions Paul - order placed   8)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Very nice. Now i am trying to figure out if I can use them as 40. Fallschirmjägerbataillon/Luftsturmregiment 40 "Willi Sänger".
Maybe if I can find a suitable jump helmet.  ::)
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Apols for the thread diversion.

Funny you should mention them.  Uniform is really quite different from that of the NVA paras. I'm looking at adding a squad's worth myself. I have decided that with some weapon swaps and a little putty/ lead foil for pockets and pouches these should work:

https://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/prod.php?prod=264

The berets and knitted cuffs and collars sold me on these as conversion fodder.

You can find quite a bit of useful info on them here:

https://www.nva-fallschirmjaeger.de/Broschuere.pdf

Until the late 1980s they were essentially organised to fight as small, commando-like, raiding groups of around 9-12 men, so a handy little force. Their other role was as security for SED Ministry of Defence in East Berlin, so I just have to have some.

Of course if Paul would like to produce some dedicated East German paras, I know I wouldn't say no.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 08:52:39 AM by carlos marighela »
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Apols for the thread diversion.

Funny you should mention them.  Uniform is really quite different from that of the NVA paras. I'm looking at adding a squad's worth myself. I have decided that with some weapon swaps and a little putty/ lead foil for pockets and pouches these should work:

https://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/prod.php?prod=264

The berets and knitted cuffs and collars sold me on these as conversion fodder.

You can find quite a bit of useful info on them here:

https://www.nva-fallschirmjaeger.de/Broschuere.pdf

Until the late 1980s they were essentially organised to fight as small, commando-like, raiding groups of around 9-12 men, so a handy little force. Their other role was as security for SED Ministry of Defence in East Berlin, so I just have to have some.

Of course if Paul would like to produce some dedicated East German paras, I know I wouldn't say no.  ;)
Yeah from my understanding they operated more as a commando style force then a traditional Para unit.
But then after 85, the Soviets had them expand into a regiment to take on a more conventional roll. And new units like 9. Volkspolizei-Kompanie  and Diensteinheit IX taken on the state security roll.
But Yeah, I would be down for a few East German Orenge Berets.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Keep the ideas coming...before you know it, we will have Paul representing every member of NATO & Warsaw Pact

lol

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Keep the ideas coming...before you know it, we will have Paul representing every member of NATO & Warsaw Pact

lol
I do hope so, I'm looking forward to a baby Rick F of a 1987 vintage, in windproof, 58 webbing made of waterbottle pouches, German Para boots and a cocky swagger lol

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
Speaking of figures dressed and equipped in an ‘alternative’ fashion…..Any news on the mooted territorials in ‘37 pattern webbing? I’d really love to see those. That said I know you must be working on the Falklands at pres.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
I must say they look great. Especially the bloke with the Strela in VDV Pack 7 reminds me of the old Esci Soviet Paratroopers in 1/72 scale.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius

lol

Nope. Empress are doing BAOR and other British troops and Soviet VDV that all. Plus civilians of course.  ;)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Nope. Empress are doing BAOR and other British troops and Soviet VDV that all. Plus civilians of course.  ;)

Civilians?  Civilians, you say?  You have my attention now... :)

"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Civilians?  Civilians, you say?  You have my attention now... :)
Wolverines!  ;D

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
More likely to be Geordie builders. Instead of shouting out ‘Wolverines’ in teenage tones, you’ll have to yell out Wey-Aye man!  ;)

Civilians will be most welcome as would one or two armed ‘civilians’ either as HVA agents, sleepers or RAF like terrorists.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
More likely to be Geordie builders. Instead of shouting out ‘Wolverines’ in teenage tones, you’ll have to yell out Wey-Aye man!  ;)

Civilians will be most welcome as would one or two armed ‘civilians’ either as HVA agents, sleepers or RAF like terrorists.
I will be happy no matter what side of the Atlantic they are designed for.  :D
Of course, i am biased for North America. play out some games of Red Dawn and Southern Comfort.