Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 88334 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
MORE!!!

• Scatterbrained Genius
EVEN MORE!!!!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Excellent, an order will be on its way next year ^__^.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Marvellous stuff!  :-* :-* Order going in this week.

Platoon command, sig, 2” mortar numbers etc in the near future?
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Great to hear and great to see! Happy new year!  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks guys.

Marvellous stuff!  :-* :-* Order going in this week.

Platoon command, sig, 2” mortar numbers etc in the near future?

All of those just being sculpted plus more such as snipers and M79's. 

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
This has actually worked out pretty well for me. I haven’t got around to painting most of the last lot I bought, so the old ones will get a little retro work to make them suitable for the 1960s and the new batch will be my ‘80s platoon.  The Brens will prove handy. My Berlin ‘61 platoon will now proceed. Found my Ferrets and old FoA Centurions.  :)

Your late war GIs are suitable (with a bit of work) for 1961. There’s even a chap in Canada who makes suitable Checkpoint Charlie type signs, the ‘You are now Leaving the American Sector’ ones.

I just wish there were some suitable French out there, for both the 1960s and for the 80s. I enjoyed traipsing around Wedding and would love to stage a game there.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
And ordered (even though I have not started on the previous batch).

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
Could I make a special request? Hopefully it’s in keeping with the theme.

What I would really like would be some unarmed chap or chaps to use as exercise umpires/ directing staff. Combats, beret, a brassard or bit of coloured cloth tied to the arm, maybe a map case. Pointing at squaddies, lobbing smoke grenades orcthunder flashes, handing out chits for the ‘dead’ and ‘wounded’. I’ve searched high and low for such a figure or figures.

I’ve started building up a platoon of Bundeswehr panzer grenadiers as ‘Orange Force’ and I’m looking to ‘refight’ bits of various exercises like Crusader/Spearpoint ‘80 and Lionheart ‘84. Somehow playing a game with little soldiers about a big game with big soldiers seems about right for the era. It’s also a bit of nostalgia for the 1970s 1/32 Airfix figures where the available options were British Army and Bundeswehr with maybe the odd Britains figure thrown in.

• Scatterbrained Genius
This type of thing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-QJYdIJM5E

Possibly. We will be getting into support types such as Military Police, medics, etc so some of those would no doubt fit the bill.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
ANZACS Landrover crews AND other packs. However difficult to do a time line as the plague etc is messing everything up so its difficult to do a time line.
Cool, what about BAOR crew?

• Scatterbrained Genius
Cool, what about BAOR crew?

Yes to the Landrovers being crewed by relevant BAOR types. Also some civilian crews.

We are getting the WOMBAT made so that we can put it in the back or be towed with the crew for both.

Re armoured vehicle crew yes they are being done, infact may now be at the top of the list.

One of the interesting things about the 1978 - 85 period is that it was a period of great change where a lot of the WW2 type weapons and equipment changed. So we got hung up on the what the crew wore on their heads. berets or bone dome helmet. The pictures are difficult to get answers from as they are difficult to date specifically and in a way do not really answer the question as they are taken on exercise so not really a war footing. For example the expensive fire resistant tankie overalls were kept in store as they were too expensive to wear and from what we were told only to be issued in time of war. As for the helmet one was issued per crew. Logically the tank commander wore it. However it was described as bloody uncomfortable and as the commander had the rank he wore what he wanted so chose the beret. Thus the helmet is not shown in pictures as often as it would perhaps appear in time of war. Thus an element of confusion.

Obviously a great many veterans of this period exist and we have been sent lots of opinions on what they wore or were armed with which has been both helpful and confusing. Again military exercises have created confusion. eg many have mentioned they had a Stirling. However a lot said they used in on exercise as it was light but if they were going to war they would have grabbed their SLR. Stirlings were pretty rare with infantry units and senior battalion officers were not officially issued with them. However the soldier will always find a way and many were got from trading or pulling rank. So we will be doing a pack of Stirling types which gamers will want but were probably not that common really.  ;) My favourite story was a unit that discovered that the newly issued strobe torch actually fitted in the chamber of a Stirling and so Star Wars was regularly played  lol

In all its been a really interesting exercise.   :o       

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
I think I’ll form part of that minority that doesn’t want much in the way of SMGs, save for the RMP types and should you do Paras for the Falklands, one to arm a notable Lt Colonel.

That said, they do pop up a lot more in photos from the 1960s, so I will probably want at least one packet for my RGJ 1961 platoon.

Wombat and crew is excellent news  Need one for the Berlin ‘85 force. Looking forward, albeit with a certain amount of trepidation, to painting the Berlin Brigade camo scheme.

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist

Obviously a great many veterans of this period exist and we have been sent lots of opinions on what they wore or were armed with which has been both helpful and confusing. Again military exercises have created confusion. eg many have mentioned they had a Stirling. However a lot said they used in on exercise as it was light but if they were going to war they would have grabbed their SLR. Stirlings were pretty rare with infantry units and senior battalion officers were not officially issued with them. However the soldier will always find a way and many were got from trading or pulling rank. So we will be doing a pack of Stirling types which gamers will want but were probably not that common really.  ;) My favourite story was a unit that discovered that the newly issued strobe torch actually fitted in the chamber of a Stirling and so Star Wars was regularly played  lol

I've had to be very quiet lol I think the old "you can please some of the people" saying is very appropriate here. I think we have to remember that they're gaming pieces, it's all too easy to pick them apart. 100,000 soldiers will have 100,000 opinions on what's realistic, Gamers "ooh they're nice"  :)