Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 88250 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures NEW infantry packs released.
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2021, 04:12:13 PM »
Looking good.
Are they all going to have that strap going across the torso?

The diagonal one?

Figures with respirators yes, without no. First three packs codes without and a few figures in other packs no.

Why?

Out. o_o

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2021, 06:49:00 PM »
The diagonal one?

Figures with respirators yes, without no. First three packs codes without and a few figures in other packs no.

Why?

Out. o_o

Respirator pouch has a large belt loop on the rear, so just gets added to webbing by sliding onto the belt, usually behind the left side ammo pouch.
There is a strap (with a QR clip that can be stored in the little pouch on the side of the haversack ), but probably only of use if carrying the haversack without webbing.

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2021, 08:42:41 PM »
Respirator pouch has a large belt loop on the rear, so just gets added to webbing by sliding onto the belt, usually behind the left side ammo pouch.
There is a strap (with a QR clip that can be stored in the little pouch on the side of the haversack ), but probably only of use if carrying the haversack without webbing.
I wanted to say this as well, but didn't want to be "that guy" lol All the infantry units that I can remember had the respirator permanently fixed to the webbing, mechs etc who didn't have to wear webbing all the time would have it on a strap. I can live with buying the first packs and green stuffing them on.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures FV105 SULTAN.
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2021, 10:46:28 PM »
Nice figures.
They fit exactly i9n the middle of the gap tbh.  ;)
I wil have to give it a go.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2021, 11:38:04 PM »
The strap can be conveniently used for other things. If you have spare 66mm rockets you can use it as a strap for them, it can be also used as an SLR sling for the Carl Gustav gunner or with a little bit more work  you can use it or hide it under a little green stuff as GPMG belt. To be honest once painted up it's not that noticeable anyway.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures NEW BAOR infantry packs released.
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2021, 08:27:35 AM »
Ash and Rick you are partly correct....... but not completely. ???

In the 70's and 80's there are original images of troops wearing the pouch with the shoulder belt. As previously stated this range unique. Its based on a war that never happened and so its difficult to research. Looking at troops on exercise or training or standing around barracks is not the same as when on campaign. Soldiers do things differently at the sharp end. The main source for actual photographs has therefore been the Falklands War. If you look at those and compare them with other pictures the troops look very different. Obviously taking into account the weather conditions.

Also chatting to friends and vet in general about what they did. A mate of mine said he preferred the shoulder belt as he felt it was easier to get to when he needed to use it. From the mid 80's a lot of things seem to change and when into the 90's they have actually changed a lot even though a lot of the kit is the same. Have found NO evidence of the strap being worn then. Perhaps the First Gulf War had a huge effect gained from experience. Not sure as not looked into that.......yet.....possibly.

However you guys have the simple power. If you do not like them don't buy them  ;) Thats not a sulk  lol However I have been told so much crap about what people wore and what they carried and importantly what they did and could not do and most of the time found overwhelming evidence that proves them wrong in that they may not have done but obviously others did. I recently got told by a retired senior officer that it was virtually impossible to fire an M60 without being prone and using the bipod. There are so many original images  confirming this statement to be incorrect that its not worth the discussion.  ;)

I am reminded of a manufacturer who sold his company a few years back and explained to us that he got bored with customers telling him his SAS figures were incorrect for the 1990's as they should not wear such and such or use such and such weapon. He was ex SAS from the period with an amazing record of operations.  :o

Onwards and upwards  ;)

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2021, 08:55:25 AM »

In the 70's and 80's there are original images of troops wearing the pouch with the shoulder belt. As previously stated this range unique. Its based on a war that never happened and so its difficult to research. Looking at troops on exercise or training or standing around barracks is not the same as when on campaign. Soldiers do things differently at the sharp end. The main source for actual photographs has therefore been the Falklands War. If you look at those and compare them with other pictures the troops look very different. Obviously taking into account the weather conditions.

Also chatting to friends and vet in general about what they did. A mate of mine said he preferred the shoulder belt as he felt it was easier to get to when he needed to use it. From the mid 80's a lot of things seem to change and when into the 90's they have actually changed a lot even though a lot of the kit is the same. Have found NO evidence of the strap being worn then. Perhaps the First Gulf War had a huge effect gained from experience. Not sure as not looked into that.......yet.....possibly.

However you guys have the simple power. If you do not like them don't buy them  ;) Thats not a sulk  lol However I have been told so much crap about what people wore and what they carried and importantly what they did and could not do and most of the time found overwhelming evidence that proves them wrong in that they may not have done but obviously others did. I recently got told by a retired senior officer that it was virtually impossible to fire an M60 without being prone and using the bipod. There are so many original images  confirming this statement to be incorrect that its not worth the discussion.  ;)

I am reminded of a manufacturer who sold his company a few years back and explained to us that he got bored with customers telling him his SAS figures were incorrect for the 1990's as they should not wear such and such or use such and such weapon. He was ex SAS from the period with an amazing record of operations.  :o

Onwards and upwards  ;)
It wasn't a whinge Paul, I keep having to remind people that these are figures for gaming and represent a fairly long period of time, it would be impossible to be absolutely historically correct for every small kit change in the 70s and 80s. My period of service for the S6 was 85 onwards, I'm perfectly happy changing them as I need to for whatever week I'm representing lol

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2021, 09:08:54 AM »
But you are suggesting the figures are wrong and we are saying they are not.  ;)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2021, 09:09:01 AM »
“ I recently got told by a retired senior officer that it was virtually impossible to fire an M60 without being prone and using the bipod.”

lol lol lol. Nobody told us that. Participated in my fair share of range shoots where yippee shoots were conducted at the end to use up left over ammo indented for but unused. It’s the time and place where instructors and safety officers get to let their hair down a little and try all the cool stuff, like firing from the hip, the shoulder etc. The thing is heavy and its a beast to keep on target but of course its perfectly doable.

For my part I’m quite happy with the figures. Just patiently waiting for their rides.

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2021, 11:01:00 AM »

Onwards and upwards  ;)

It wasn't my intension to tell you they were wrong, I asked if they were all going to have the strap.

Looking good.
Are they all going to have that strap going across the torso?

When asked why I just pointed out that when the haversack is worn on your webbing the shoulder strap is not needed, in fact if the haversack is attached to the belt then using the shoulder strap aswell as the yoke would make it rather a palaver to be able to drop your kit. If however the haversack is being worn as a separate ancillary item (not attached to the belt) then the use of the provided shoulder strap makes perfect sense ( the Mk 1 version of the S6 pouch had no belt attachment, so using the strap was the only option).

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2021, 12:08:33 PM »
I've see it done both ways in film. I can't add any more to the conversation because I only used my NBC gear 3 times In training and never in the field.  ::)
But my promask made for a nice honist to God rats nest in Afghanistan. Hosed it out and cleaned it up to done it once in training state side to just keep it in the bottom of my B bag in Iraq, out of site and mind. When I turned it back in at the end of rotation it had dry rotted and flaked apart in my hands.  :o
Happy I never had to use it in anger because I really don't trust that my one was up to the test.  ;D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2021, 10:38:09 AM »
Scorpion / Scimitar is in the shop.

This is 28mm - 1/48 scale and come with the option of three weapons;

30mm Rarden gun.
76mm Scorpion gun.
90mm Cockerill gun.

The FV432 plus Soviet ACVR and MTLB are arriving soon.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2021, 11:29:24 AM »
Hmm now I’m torn.  Do I get the 1/50 ex Imprint Scimitar or this one?

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2021, 11:41:33 AM »

Best to get both  lol

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2021, 10:40:30 PM »

If you want to fight giant robots, I would choose this one (as a Scorpion).