Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689266
  • Total Topics: 118268
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 89392 times)

Online Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress more army figures released.
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2021, 01:19:00 PM »
sorry didn't realise there was a seperate thread, I'll go ask there

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2021, 02:25:19 PM »
Depends which Eureka figures you are talking about. The Mike Broadbent sculpted Vietnam range are smaller but not by huge amount. In fact, with the addition of strip of plasticard under the base, the Vietnam Australians can be made to match height wise.

The Eureka ZANLA and the more recent modern ranges match the Empress Marines and Australians very well in terms of height and proportions.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Online Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2021, 03:13:24 PM »
Thanks

I'm mainly thinking where they might fit in with the soviet range

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress more BAOR figures released.
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2021, 01:44:51 PM »
Empress Miniatures has just released both the Ferret and Saladin Armoured Cars.

These 28mm -  1/48 scale models link into our moderns range and especially our developing Cold War range. 

Both iconic vehicles that saw very long service with the British Army as well as many other forces around the world.

The figures shown are for scale only and not included with the vehicles. They are from our BAOR19 pack.

https://www.empressminiatures.com/vehicles-41-c.asp

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress SALADIN & FERRET released.
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2021, 05:03:46 PM »
Hmm.  I have a Solido Saladin (say that 3 times fast!)  I wonder how they'd compare, size wise...I might have to do some math....
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2021, 07:48:33 PM »
Probably my two favourite wheeled AFVs of all time. I think I can probably justify at least one more Ferret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7HnKmT2WgM

Capn Jim, to the best of my knowledge there never was a Solido Saladin. Corgi produced a very nice one in something around 1/56 and there was a Crescent Root Saladin that scales in as ‘huge’, somewhere around 1/40 or more.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2021, 02:05:32 AM »
Capn Jim, to the best of my knowledge there never was a Solido Saladin. Corgi produced a very nice one in something around 1/56 and there was a Crescent Root Saladin that scales in as ‘huge’, somewhere around 1/40 or more.

Upon further review, the call on the field is reversed.  The Saladin in question is indeed a Corgi.  carlos marighela will not be charged a time-out   :)

Oops...I was confused.  My Panhard is a Solido, not my Saladin.  Thanks for the correction, carlos.   8)

In any event, I may have to get one of these Saladins.  My African forces could always use another armored car...

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2021, 04:10:18 AM »
Sweet, love them. :-*
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2021, 08:38:18 AM »
Upon further review, the call on the field is reversed.  The Saladin in question is indeed a Corgi.  carlos marighela will not be charged a time-out   :)

I think I get the gist of all that, though ‘tis in a foreign tongue. Something about VAR?

One day our American cousins will discover actual football and after a rather bleak period of introspection that makes them question why they have wasted their lives watching insipid games like rounders or that even dafter fucking game where they all wear crash helmets and fart about to know appreciable purpose, they will come to to realise the joys of an actual sport like football. What’s not to like about watching Argentina only mange a draw aginst Chile or watching that twat Jogi Löw sink into depression as France best his side? Brightened my morning at any rate.  ;)

An added side benefit maybe that we might even speak the same language or at least have mutually understandable sports idioms.  :D

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2021, 09:23:29 AM »

Oops...I was confused.  My Panhard is a Solido, not my Saladin.  Thanks for the correction, carlos.   8)

In any event, I may have to get one of these Saladins.  My African forces could always use another armored car...

The Panhard is just going into moulds so you can sell you other one  lol

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2021, 01:43:09 PM »
The Panhard is just going into moulds so you can sell you other one  lol

Nah.  I think I'll keep her.  My wargame vehicles don't get jealous when I get new ones... :)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2021, 01:48:34 PM »
An added side benefit maybe that we might even speak the same language or at least have mutually understandable sports idioms.  :D

While that old adage regarding 2 great nations being separated by a common language was about the US and the UK, I think it also applies to nations like Australia and Canada, etc. (those spawned by the mother ship that is the UK).  Hell, even just here in the US, there are some regional dialects that required sub-titles on TV... ;)

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2021, 02:11:41 PM »
Not sure if you can get it on Prime in the USA or Australia but Jeremy Clarkson has a new series out which is about his year on his farm trying to manage things on his own with the help of some locals. Its set not far from where Empress is in the Cotswolds and there is a character with a VERY strong regional accent that is impossible to understand. Its had me crying with laughter every episode. If you can get it its worth a watch   ;)

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2021, 10:47:29 PM »
Not sure if you can get it on Prime in the USA or Australia but Jeremy Clarkson has a new series out which is about his year on his farm trying to manage things on his own with the help of some locals. Its set not far from where Empress is in the Cotswolds and there is a character with a VERY strong regional accent that is impossible to understand. Its had me crying with laughter every episode. If you can get it its worth a watch   ;)
Gerald, security consultant, dry waller and combine driver. Didn't understand a word he said, but I knew he meant "Clarkson, you're a fool" lol

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2021, 06:15:45 AM »
 Yep, I have traveled all across the US, Australia, Canada and to London. And the worst accents I ran into so far in the US were from backwords Louisiana, and Massachusetts/Boston.
No problem with the Canucks or Auzzes I have met. But I know for a fact lots of the kids I met in London were not speaking any version of English I have ever heard before.  lol
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 06:22:49 AM by commissarmoody »
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous