Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:30:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 88338 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress RELEASE SHILKA AA AFV.
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2021, 08:53:56 AM »
Really? Interesting negative first post.

Our vehicles are 1/50 and the HLBSC 1/48 and match perfectly well.

We do not sell a T34 so not sure what you are using? Presumably a 1/56 scale which do work with true or larger 28mm figures. Which is why we use the larger scales.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 09:11:17 AM by Paul @ Empress Miniatures »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2021, 09:19:30 AM »
Don't worry the T62 is on the list to do.

1/50 scale of course.

Hmm have a T-62. T-64 pretty please?
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2021, 09:24:39 AM »
What an odd first post...  :?

Anyway...back to the thread...

I was wondering if there would be any mileage in a single figure (or pack) with empty hands?

I can think of a lot of uses for a squaddie not holding a weapon...and it would offer a load of simple conversion opportunities ... off duty, unloading, stretcher bearer.  Add an officer type, and you’ve got an exercise marshal etc

If you wanted to go the whole hog, you could have a sprue with some alternate hand options holding an entrenching tool, field dressing etc

Just a thought

:)

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
Hmm have a T-62. T-64 pretty please?

me me me  lol

Yeah we are doing a T64.  ;)

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2021, 09:44:24 AM »
What an odd first post...  :?

Anyway...back to the thread...

I was wondering if there would be any mileage in a single figure (or pack) with empty hands?

I can think of a lot of uses for a squaddie not holding a weapon...and it would offer a load of simple conversion opportunities ... off duty, unloading, stretcher bearer.  Add an officer type, and you’ve got an exercise marshal etc

If you wanted to go the whole hog, you could have a sprue with some alternate hand options holding an entrenching tool, field dressing etc

Just a thought

:)

Yes indeed it is a strange post. ;)

We are releasing the WOMBAT firing crew as they are useful empty handed chaps. I just need to do some pictures and put them on the site.

As we go along there will be other suitable figures so we could make a special pack from those. Do not want to do anything too special as it costs a lot of money and more importantly takes time that we can spend on more fun things such as the MILAN pack.

I want to get onto the Soviet paras ASAP but Tony is just crewing a western stage coach plus some other stuff. busy, busy, busy. 

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2021, 10:01:35 AM »
Your suggestion about grouping existing empty handed figures into a pack would be a great option...and can’t wait to see the paras  8)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2021, 08:34:41 PM »
“ I want to get onto the Soviet paras ASAP but Tony is just crewing a western stage coach plus some other stuff. busy, busy, busy. ”

It’s not often that we get insights into the sculptor’s day jobs but I suppose this shortage of heavy haulage drivers is clearly starting to bite.  :D

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2021, 09:54:18 PM »
An uparmoured T55? They are on period lists...
Group of Soviet Forces in Germany.  While there were a few T-62 kicking around, notably in the Soviet 6th Separate Guards Motor Rifle Brigade in Berlin, the vast majority of Soviet tanks stationed in the early 1980s were T-64 types. T-80 was a growing presence and by the end of the decade would have largely supplanted the T-64 as the MBT of choice in East Germany. No T-72 in GSFG. The only T-72 in Germany were NVA vehicles and they were something of a minority, concentrated mostly in the two panzer divisions.
I stand corrected on GSFG, but one of the period lists (Frank Chadwick's Combined Arms - 1988 - page 89) has non GSFG Category III divisions with T55s (~39% of army inventory).
I vaguely remember T55s being on the Bruce Rea Taylor lists (which was the period list I was thinking of) but I put them back in their box file a while bac so cannot checkk.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2021, 09:57:02 PM »
Re-scale: unfortunately a company named after an Italian river chose wrong in continuing with 1/56 for Vietnam and beyond - doubly irritating as they are doing the Chinese Type-63 APC.

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2021, 09:58:22 PM »
"We are releasing the WOMBAT firing crew as they are useful empty handed chaps. I just need to do some pictures and put them on the site."

Great news Paul, I've got loads of uses for those :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2021, 10:15:37 PM »
Indeed there would have been lower readiness category divisions in the Western part of the Soviet Union as well as elsewhere that still had T-55 but remember that by the 1980s the T-72 was being fielded in greater numbers than the T-64 as the principle tank in what would have been follow up formations.

It’s instructive to note that the Soviets in Afghanistan almost exclusively utilised T-62s, at least after the initial invasion. That’s despite there being no shortage of T-55 tanks in the Turkestan MD where the bulk of 40th Army/ LCSFA was drawn from. You would think that for the purposes of counter insurgency warfare that a T-55  is as good as a T-62 (which for all practical purposes is an up-gunned T-55) but clearly the Soviets chose to use the best available resource whilst not depleting their first line resources pegged for use in a conventional war.

None of is to say that the Soviets would not have used T-55 had a war lasted long enough and force depletion required their use but I doubt they would gave been anywhere close to a battlefield in Germany in the sort of war the Soviets were planning for at least not with the Soviets.

Now the T-55 did linger on in frontline service with the Naval Infantry so if you hanker for them as Soviet crewed items there’s always Norway and Denmark.

* There were still T-34, T-44 and T-10M in Soviet warehouses in the 1980s apparently. The T-34s were still being provided as foreign aid into the 1970s just like the T-54 and T-55.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2021, 10:17:42 PM »
"We are releasing the WOMBAT firing crew as they are useful empty handed chaps. I just need to do some pictures and put them on the site."

Great news Paul, I've got loads of uses for those :)

Indeed that is good news. Useful for a range of stuff.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2021, 10:45:51 PM »
Quick question - is the BTR70 that Empress does basically the same as a BTR60PB ...I seem to recall the chassis/turret is identical and that the differences  were internal?

Toying with the idea of some Naval Infantry...

:?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2021, 02:48:09 AM »
Nope, quite a bit of external difference. Micromir do a nice 1/48 kit if you want a BTR-60

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2021, 11:13:15 AM »
Quick question - is the BTR70 that Empress does basically the same as a BTR60PB ...I seem to recall the chassis/turret is identical and that the differences  were internal?

Toying with the idea of some Naval Infantry...

:?

Our Soviets will be airbourne and we have BMD's so you could do that.