Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 88324 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress NEW RELEASE ALVIS STALWART & FOX CVR(W).
« Reply #375 on: September 23, 2021, 08:20:22 AM »
Todays new release is a Fox Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle.

28MM = 1/48 Scale. Crew figures shown are not supplied but available in pack BAOR19

The FV721 Fox Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Wheeled) (CVR(W)) was a 4 × 4 armoured car manufactured by ROF Leeds, deployed by the British Army as a replacement for the Ferret scout car and the Saladin armoured car. The Fox was introduced into service with B Squadron, 1st Royal Tank Regiment (Aliwal Barracks, Tidworth) in 1975 and withdrawn from service 1993–94.

It had a crew of three and had a low profile rotating turret armed with a 30 mm L21 RARDEN cannon, which was manually fed with three-round clips; 99 rounds were carried. A coaxial L37A2 7.62 mm machine gun was mounted with 2,600 rounds. The weapons were not stabilised. This turret was also equipped with a set of two 4-barrelled smoke dischargers. The vehicle had a combat weight of 6.75 tonnes and was designed to be air-portable. The Fox had aluminium armour and was fitted with a flotation screen. It lacked protection against nuclear, biological and chemical weapons. Powered by a Jaguar 4.2-litre 6-cylinder petrol engine, the Fox was one of the fastest vehicles of its type.

The all-welded aluminium armour hull and turret protected against small arms fire and artillery splinters but not from heavy (.50 calibre) machine gun fire. The driver sat at the front and had an integral periscope/hatch cover that lifted and opened to the right. The centre mounted turret held the commander-loader on the left and gunner on the right. They each had a rear-opening hatch cover.
Without preparation, the Fox can ford one metre of water and a flotation screen can be erected in two minutes. Drive when floating was solely from the road wheels, giving poor performance and the screens were removed from most UK vehicles early in their service life. Air portable, three Foxes can be carried by one C-130 Hercules aircraft, two of which can be parachute dropped.

The Fox was principally used by the Royal and Queen's Own Yeomanry, the brigade reconnaissance regiments in 2 Div, BAOR's rear area formation. Small numbers were also attached to air mobile, armoured and mechanized infantry battalions to form a reconnaissance platoon.

https://www.empressminiatures.com/vehicles-41-c.asp

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress NEW RELEASES INCLUDING LANDROVERS.
« Reply #376 on: September 23, 2021, 10:39:19 AM »
We have also released a useful pack with 30 Cal and GMPG machine guns with vehicle and ground mounts.

These can be used for various vehicles.

Which section are these in?

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress NEW RELEASES INCLUDING LANDROVERS.
« Reply #377 on: September 23, 2021, 11:12:16 AM »
Which section are these in?

Sadly I have had to remove them from the shop for a little while as demand was huge and I am going to need to make a larger mould and re release. Sorry about that although it should only be a few weeks.  ;)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2021, 10:05:14 PM »
Fox on the run…..

Ordered.

Bit of online research shows that at different times the Foxes in the recce platoons of infantry battalions in Berlin sported both the standard British Army black/ green scheme or the distinctive Berlin Infantry Brigade scheme seen on Chieftans and FV432. That’s a relief, one less intricate masking and spraying job and double use for the Fox. Result!  :D

Now we just need the FV432 with the Fox turret.  ;)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2021, 01:49:57 PM »
Great additions...certainly tempted by the Stolly in particular  :)

Thanks also Paul, my latest ordered arrived in record time - lovely crisp castings

8)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2021, 05:44:29 PM »
The Stalwart looks good, in the white resin it reminds me of the die-cast I had as a child. I think it was white with BP logos on the sides.

The Fox looks great.

But I must finish some of the Empress Mountain Range....

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2021, 05:55:39 PM »
The Stalwart looks good, in the white resin it reminds me of the die-cast I had as a child. I think it was white with BP logos on the sides.
Yep I had that one as well, I believe it was Matchbox who made it and mine is probably still in the shed at my parents.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #382 on: October 01, 2021, 02:56:48 PM »
I know you guys like these questions so here you are. Just completed the design of the Soviet Paras and have got to the major decision which is;

Would you prefer them wearing the cammo jump suit with a mix of berets and leather helmets so they look like they just landed and went into action.

Or the para tunic - khaki - with berets only. Kinda summer wear.

Or swim suits. I have gone off the last idea.  lol

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures COLD WAR SOVIET PARA QUESTION.
« Reply #383 on: October 01, 2021, 03:05:14 PM »
 lol
Cammo jump suits for me, that's what they always wore in our old SSVC training videos :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #384 on: October 01, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »
One piece, KLMK camo overalls would potentially make them easier to convert, given you already do Ssh-68 helmets and opens up the prospect of  making other types.

That said, the same sculptor already does helmeted Soviets in KLMK suits and Eureka do the same, with the addition of flak jackets for Afghanistan.

On balance, I’d go with the standard VDV tunic or even the classic one piece khaki jump overalls.You could do what you did with the Universal Soldier range and sell variants in either beret or steel helmet.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #385 on: October 01, 2021, 06:33:19 PM »
Both, both is fine.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #386 on: October 01, 2021, 06:47:51 PM »
Camo jump suits and berets, plus a few jump hats and or a separate sprue of jump hats for conversions.

:)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:46:57 PM by AKULA »

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #387 on: October 01, 2021, 09:28:34 PM »
Quick question - can the KLMK be used as the basis of snow-suited airborne?

The WW2 snow suits were 2 piece I think, but given the KLMK was one piece would the same apply to snow camo?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #388 on: October 01, 2021, 11:31:08 PM »
I suspect that would rather depend on just how the figure was sculpted. Most of the depictions, photos and illustrations show the snow suit as having a fairly long hem, at least thigh length and often worn over their equipment. At any rate, I suppose you could justify it by saying they had tucked the skirts of the jacket into their trousers or you could go the route of putty or lead foil.

In the mid 70’s Soviets did introduce the KZS suit a two piece camouflage suit in a similar pattern to KLMK, but using a loose weave, burlap type material with a different colouration. This was popular in Afghanistan.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #389 on: October 02, 2021, 12:09:26 AM »
My main hope is that the weapon mix for the packs is accurate, which given the research Empress usually put into these things, I’m confident will be achieved.

For some odd reason, the early packs of Soviets in the complementary line by another manufacturer has two RPKs in one pack, leading to a need to buy extras. Bizarrely, the East Germans, whose organisation did contain two RPK per squad only had one pose, requiring either conversions or the purchase of another three packs to gain three figures. Both ranges seemed to think that the PK was a squad option when, in fact, it was a company asset.

Hopefully these are useful.

https://www.battleorder.org/1986-ussr-airassaultco

https://www.battleorder.org/vdv-footmobile-1986