Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Knyghte, Pyke, And Sworde  (Read 985 times)

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
Knyghte, Pyke, And Sworde
« on: September 28, 2020, 07:11:41 PM »
This is a blog review of Knyghte, Pyke, and Sworde by Nordic Weasel Games. While the game is designed for Dark Ages and medieval battles, it is generic enough to use for earlier periods as well. In this case, I played a small skirmish between Persians and Galatians.

I hope you enjoy it: https://rollin-with-my-homies.blogspot.com/2020/09/knyghte-pyke-and-sworde-semi.html
Hi! I'm Harry. I am a hobby addict; I game sci-fi, fantasy, and historical (including Ancients, Dark Ages, Renaissance, and World War II Manchukuo.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Offline Aesthete

• Librarian
    • Dispatches from the Miniature Front
Re: Knyghte, Pyke, And Sworde
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 07:24:59 PM »
Thanks for the review!

You said in your writeup you've been looking for a set of rules like this for a while. What is it about the rules that really hits the sweet spot for you?
Dispatches from the Miniature Front - my occasionally updated blog

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 11:19:33 PM »
Thanks for the review!

You said in your writeup you've been looking for a set of rules like this for a while. What is it about the rules that really hits the sweet spot for you?

I'm glad you asked. I forget that not everyone reading my blog follows my ranting on other social media.

I like these rules because a force can be picked from the lists in the book without a lot of charts, and it has a figure count under 20. So it's good for things like Irish cattle raiding or a group of vikings sacking one end of a village or other small stuff. It just hits that sweet spot.

Offline Aesthete

• Librarian
    • Dispatches from the Miniature Front
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 04:53:03 AM »
That makes sense. Under 20 is a model count I'm interested in as well, so that's good to know. Thanks!