Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: COMMERCIAL - WOTR Kickstarter  (Read 5913 times)

Online Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: COMMERCIAL - WOTR Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 10:29:02 PM »
Congrats Jon- that was pretty quick so that ought to bode well for the future  8)

Offline Otto1485

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2020, 09:51:58 PM »
Thanks Darrell and Charlie.  :)

In answer to your question Charlie, I will be making everything available after I’ve fulfilled the Kickstarter.

All the best

John  :)

Offline Winston

• Librarian
    • YouTube: Winston Ab Rees
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 10:49:09 PM »
Hello all. I thought people might like to see the man himself talking about how this lot came together. So I did an interview for the UTubes channel.

https://youtu.be/bVad4ITgKco
Give us a follow on Twitter: @winston_ab_rees and Insta: winston_ab_rees

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 05:55:39 PM »
3 days to go, and just £54 from the first stretch goal (knights arming)!!!!!

Offline nonsuch

• Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2020, 04:42:00 PM »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:11:01 AM by nonsuch »

Offline Terryb

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 04:30:51 PM »
Received my Kickstarter figures today. Gorgeous figures, look better than the pictures show. Very well run Kickstarter. Highly recommended.

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2021, 09:11:25 PM »
I've just received mine too.

I went for the archers, billmen and artillery.

Very nice figures!

I always wanted to get these to mix in with my Perry collection and to use as a conversions, so I'm unlikely to be putting together whole units of just Athena miniatures.

The appear slightly taller than Perry, but I think they seem to have thicker bases which could be filed down? I don't think you'd notice mixing them together.

The archers though do seem 'bulkier' somewhat. I am currently undecided whether I'll be mixing them in with Perry (and Crusader) archers, or making a separate unit of just Athena archers. If the latter, I'll need to order a second pack and do a few headswaps! The archer poses themselves are very nice and realistic.

The billmen are in a bit of a random selection of poses - I won't be making a unit of them, but will definitely find a use for each one at some point, especially the few in advancing poses with weapons at 45 degrees - I will probably be ordering some duplicates of these.

The artillery and crew are great - I haven't put it together yet, it seems potentially larger than the Perry ones, but not in an out-of-scale way, rather just it's a bigger gun! We'll see when it's assembled. The crew poses are good, the one crouching down to get things from the ammo box in particular.

One thing I have noticed is that most of them have swords and bucklers cast on, but two or three don't and have empty holes there, as if there was supposed to be a separate piece provided to glue on. Or they were separate before the moulds were made, and John forgot to put them on these few?? I wonder if he can confirm. It's not an issue - I have plenty of spare plastic Perry swords and bucklers.

I was tempted to get the whole lot, but in the end was cautious and just went for these three packs to see how they would work alongside Perrys. I was always planning to get the others further down the line though. I'm particularly interested in seeing detailed pictures of the various cavalry packs and how they scale alongside Perrys. Has anyone got the cavalry?

Offline Otto1485

• Bookworm
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2021, 09:49:24 PM »
Hi Charlie,

There should be a set of four weapon sprues containing swords and extra bills/hand weapons in each reward.

I must have had a brain fart while packing yours  ;D,  send me a PM to confirm your address and I’ll send you some weapons sprues.

I’ll nip down the unit tomorrow and get them in the post.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and from Terry too. Muchly appreciated.

All the best

John  :)

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2021, 06:00:30 PM »
Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland's Retinue Archers, ready to man the defensive at the 1st Battle of Albans

This new range from Athena Miniatures is just lovely to paint, the sculpts crisp and there is lot of variation to add interest to your units. 

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2021, 06:04:13 PM »
The retinue archers of John Clifford, 9th Baron Clifford, 9th Lord of Skipton (Athenia Miniatures)

Offline Otto1485

• Bookworm
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 10:51:45 PM »
You’re a horribly quick painter Gareth.
Excellent job.

ATB John