Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:44:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Plastics that mix well with Firelock's Blood & Plunder (17th & 18th c pirates)  (Read 1415 times)

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
Hello hive mind!

I just backed Firelock Game's Raise the Black expansion for their tabletop skirmish games of pirates in the 17th (and now 18th) century.  This is their first foray into plastic, and I'm in!  I'm planning to glue the plastics to acrylic bases, so they look just as suave and debonair on the boat as off. 

Can anyone recommend pirates, sailors and/or soldiers of this era *in plastic* that match the scale of Blood and Plunder well?  I have some plastics that could make rabble of the era (Frostgrave soldiers), but they tend to run a bit small...

I'd love to whet my appetite, and maybe even learn how to play while I'm waiting (a whole dang year) to get my grubby hands on my pledge.

Thanks in advance!

Offline MustContainMinis

• Librarian
    • Must Contain Minis
Hi Pancakeonions.  The Firelock Games 28mm are actually really tall and fit in better with 32mm figures. Perhaps try Reaper. I have a scale comparison article at the link below.

https://mustcontainminis.com/2017/07/blood-plunder-scale-comparison.html
Check out my site Must Contain Minis. I do news, previews, showcases and reviews of miniatures and miniature related products.

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
Thanks!  Firelock looks pretty good against Reaper - and I have a bag of stuff from a few of their old KSs I'll have to pull out now!  Bummer that NorthStar is so small, that size difference would bug me on the table...  That was my other option, I haven't busted out those kits for this reason.  And they have a lot of neat plastic models available for their Ghost Archipelago range....!  Bummer (or maybe I just need to suck it up, and have some short fellas alongside my taller Firelock guys!)   ;)

Offline henerius

• Bookworm
Use 3mm thick acrylic bases. The bases of Firelock are 1.5mm thick.

Besides humans differ in height to.

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
I know you specifically requested plastic, but I think our metals are pretty nice. All single piece casts including the base, so just clean up and paint. They just so happen to mix well with out plastics as well! lol
Mike Tuņez
Firelock Games
www.FirelockGames.com

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
Thanks for the replies - even right from the source!  ;) 

I prefer plastics over metals for a handful of reasons...  But I might have to try some of your metals just because that's my only option right now!   Good luck on Raise the Black, great to see it's getting lots of pledges.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
I don't have any, so take this with a grain of salt, but I find Black Scorpion miniatures mix well with Reaper, so from the earlier comments I would gather they should also work well. They are resin, so might be easy to mix and match.

https://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/product-category/cutlass/