Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help identifying mystery Foundry(?) Mexicans  (Read 1048 times)

Offline President Buer

• Assistant
Help identifying mystery Foundry(?) Mexicans
« on: October 13, 2020, 12:17:15 AM »
Can anyone help me identify the bottom four figures please? They came in a pack from Bill's marked as "Foundry Mexican Irregulars" but I can only find the top two on the Foundry site (in OWO95 Shanghai Pierces Cowhands). I'm 99% sure the others are Foundry because the poses are so close to others in the ranges, for instance the fourth one on the bottom row is in the same pose as one of the OWO93 Lawmen, just with a different head (including a cigar) and a sash on his waist.

Could they be rare variants? Discontinued packs? One offs? To confound matters Foundry says they have put all the Old West models back into production. Maybe someone has an old catalogue they could flick through and see if they pop up?

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Help identifying mystery Foundry(?) Mexicans
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 01:09:41 AM »
All four are from the Foundry Old West range and were sculpted by Mark Copplestone. The one with the musket comes from pack OW 162 :

The other three were part of the very first wave of Old West miniatures released in the late 1990's by what was still Guernesey Foundry at the time (I have the one with the Winchester rifle somewhere in a box myself). They were sold individually back then but may not have gone into a pack, possibly because there wasn't enough of them to make a proper 6 or 8 figure bandido blister. As a result, they don't seem to be available on the Foundry website anymore but the company must still have the moulds somewhere in their shop.

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 07:40:57 AM »
All four are from the Foundry Old West range and were sculpted by Mark Copplestone. The one with the musket comes from pack OW 162 

Spot on  8)

Offline President Buer

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 10:38:37 AM »
All four are from the Foundry Old West range and were sculpted by Mark Copplestone. The one with the musket comes from pack OW 162 :

The other three were part of the very first wave of Old West miniatures released in the late 1990's by what was still Guernesey Foundry at the time (I have the one with the Winchester rifle somewhere in a box myself). They were sold individually back then but may not have gone into a pack, possibly because there wasn't enough of them to make a proper 6 or 8 figure bandido blister. As a result, they don't seem to be available on the Foundry website anymore but the company must still have the moulds somewhere in their shop.

Many thanks. I must have skimmed over that one several times looking at the Foundry site.  I'll send an email over to Foundry about the other three since they've recently put up a few other three figure packs.

I wonder what else is lurking back in that warehouse waiting to be put back into production. It's a shame the lost minis wiki doesn't have a lot of the Foundry ranges catalogued so we can track down what's missing.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 10:22:17 PM »
According to my very old (22+ years) Guernsey Foundry list, there were four Mexican bandido figures :

OWMB 1 : Two-gun bandido
OWMB 2 : Bandido walking with rifle
OWMB 3 : Bandido, revolver
OWMB 4 : Ragged bandido

Your figures are the first three, I think, the missing one being OWMB 4 (can't even remember what he looked like, to be honest).