Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691096
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SCS Magellan III PDF Map  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
SCS Magellan III PDF Map
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:32:46 PM »
I know, I know. Many of you build your own terrain. But for those who are more game-player than terrain-builder, we have this sweet map finished and ready for download.

The PDF version of the SCS Magellan III is now available. When printed, this map is 40" long. This first version uses 1" squares. Shortly, we'll have a version that uses 1" hexes and a second square version with 1.5" squares. And once I confirm the quality of the sample, we will have a vinyl printed version that will ship rolled in a tube.

This map was designed for the Fantastic Worlds game system from Rattrap Productions LLC. It is a small, 4-person scout and explorer class ship for a pulp science fiction universe. It is possible to use this map with any science fiction universe, from miniature game, to board game to role-playing game.

The PDF sells for $15. You can purchase it at The Black Market, our online store.

Here are some shots of it with a miniature for size. This map was printed slightly smaller for these photos. Instead of 1" squares these are just over 3/4".

The scenario that we are creating specifically for this map is not yet completed, but will be e-mailed to you FREE upon its completion.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: SCS Magellan III PDF Map
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:37:32 PM »
Great stuff. Looks (inter)stellar ;)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »
I don't understand -why circles and why don't the rooms seem to be linked together? or am I missing something entirely?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:14 AM »
It is slightly stylised. The floors are not directly placed how you see them inside the shell of the ship, that just shows their relative positions. You have to imagine them tipped 90 degrees. Standing on the floor in each level, your head is pointing towards the cone, your feet towards the engines. Each of those floors is on top of the one before, accessed by the hatches you see in the floor.  That's why the rooms get smaller as the rocket tapers to its point. See how the ladder in the second floor from the right coresponds with the hatch in the one first from the right?

That's my take on it, anyway.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 04:53:38 PM »
ahhhh, that makes perfect sense! I reasoned that there must be some logic to it, but just couldn't work it out myself, but yes that makes perfect sense and once its understood is a clever way of doing it.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »
Yep. he got it right. It was designed with the levels turned 90 degrees so that you could see the outline of the ship, but still be able to use the levels.

I, of course got it wrong, and listed the wrong price. PDF of the map is $10 and not $15. Hey, at least it's a mistake that now benefits you.

Doh!  :D

Offline darquebus

• Librarian
  • So evil, he'll steal teddy bears from kids
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 05:16:27 AM »
...and a WWI/II submarine is coming too!   :D
Ex-Kieler in Down Under