Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stargrave announcement.  (Read 33160 times)

Offline shadowbeast

• Scientist
Re: Stargrave announcement.
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2021, 01:12:32 PM »
Somewhere here I read that a number of official The Expanse 3D model files were released for non commercial use, not sure if that included anything but ships.
Not official, no.
https://www.myminifactory.com/campaigns/starship-v-sleipnir-crew-miniatures-and-deck-designer-107
Includes some figures and even the odd vehicle.
No gel ball ban in WA! http://chng.it/pcKk9qKcVN

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2021, 01:36:41 PM »
looking forward to see if there will be another way to acquire the game apart from ordering a hardcover from the other side of the world.

Getting the pdf and printing it is probably your best bet. I have printed rules on my own printer before, but you should be able to find a local or online print shop to do it for you if that's not possible.

My printer is getting old and creaky, so I recently got a 150 page pdf printed off in duplex and spiral bound for about £12. It was black and white, rather than colour (which kept the cost down), but is perfectly usable :)

Offline shadowbeast

• Scientist
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2021, 07:37:23 AM »
I have not heard of an official offer for a PDF. Where will it be available?

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2021, 09:51:55 AM »
Osprey are just showing the hardback just now. However, Frostgrave and Ghost Archipelago are both available in epub and pdf, so I'd be very surprised if there isn't a digital option for Stargrave at some point. Amazon UK is already offering a Kindle version for pre-order.

Amazon is also offering a pre-order of Quarantine 37, as Stargrave's first supplement, due for release September 16 2021

When it was commissioned, Imperial Research Station 37 was home to nearly 10,000 scientists and researchers working on a vast array of biological and chemical projects. Then, six months before the outbreak of the war, Station 37 went dark. No escape pods were launched and all attempts at communication went unanswered. Only a solitary, repeating broadcast filled the silence: "This station is under quarantine - do not approach". When the war came, the station was forgotten, left to drift lifelessly in its empty system. Now, in the aftermath of the Last War, Station 37 has been rediscovered and its broadcast heard once more.

Quarantine 37 is a supplement for Stargrave in which players lead their crews into an abandoned space station, hunting for lost technology, unique research, and forgotten experiments. Compete with your opponents for these valuable resources across two competitive mini-campaigns, or venture into the vast maze of corridors and laboratories alone in the first Stargrave solo campaign. Also included are six new soldier types, new backgrounds and powers, terrifying additions to the bestiary, and a new advanced technology table packed with loot to help you in your adventures in the ravaged galaxy.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2021, 01:04:49 PM »
Excellent - looking forward to these. Must admit I would have preferred human women in the mix over and above monkey-men but it's a good start. Looking forward to mixing these with ghost archipelago crewmen too.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2021, 03:41:30 PM »
I also look forward to the all female variants to come.

Also, needs 100% more lizard people in there!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2021, 03:58:41 PM »
There's only 1 monkey head in the mix of 15. It's just that Kev couldn't resist painting him up.

You should know, we don't do mix male/ female boxes. I personally don't think sticking a woman's head on a males body = a female figure. Men & women are a different shape. I much prefer to make a female frame, where all the heads and arms match up with the bodies properly.

Whether we achieve this or not is a different question  lol

So I make this statement, without pointing out that the Trooper box set contains male and female heads. TBH, the debate here was can you tell if someone is a man or a woman under body armour? We dropped on the side of 'no you can't'.

Offline Cholly

• Scientist
  • Put the gun down.............Please?
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2021, 04:06:27 PM »
Have to say these may finally get me back to the modelling desk after a v. long hiatus. Any ideas of when we may get a peek at the sprue(s)?
Thanks in advance

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2021, 04:32:24 PM »
So I make this statement, without pointing out that the Trooper box set contains male and female heads. TBH, the debate here was can you tell if someone is a man or a woman under body armour? We dropped on the side of 'no you can't'.

I reached the same conclusion when I was modifying the Warlord Games special forces troopers. Took the heads from the female survivor sprue and glued them on. Works fine.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
There's only 1 monkey head in the mix of 15. It's just that Kev couldn't resist painting him up.

You should know, we don't do mix male/ female boxes. I personally don't think sticking a woman's head on a males body = a female figure. Men & women are a different shape. I much prefer to make a female frame, where all the heads and arms match up with the bodies properly.

Whether we achieve this or not is a different question  lol

Yeah understood - wasn't meant as major criticism, excited for the kits. Agreed on the body armour, bulky clothing too. I've use statuesque heads in the past similarly.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2021, 06:09:58 PM »
Cool looking stuff, look forward to seeing the sprues.

End of April then...

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2021, 04:54:56 AM »

On that note, we obviously haven't seen Combat Armor models as of yet (I assume we might see some metal ones before a plastic kit is released as with Frostgrave knights).  I know that base size isn't part of the ruleset, but are you able to state whether there are plans to have official models in Combat Armor on larger base sizes or will they also be on 25mm?

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2021, 10:34:18 AM »
Once we have assembled our crews, how many and what balance of additional figures will we need to represent the various NPC factions that can arrive on the table if the game drags on?
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2021, 11:03:08 AM »
I 2nd Bullshotts question. Why kind of numbers will we be looking at here?  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous