Forum > Adventures in the Far East

Feudal (Japan) Patrol

(1/8) > >>

Osmoses:
Feudal Patrol, the Medieval version of Buck Surdu's 'Combat Patrol' is out. Inevitably, I figured I'd give it a go with some samurai.
More info here, but it's more of a rules review than a battle report: https://adcgaming.wordpress.com/2020/10/26/feudal-japan-patrol/

Anyway, here's some photos.

The sleepy village of Takomura.

"Wait, is that a tanuki drinking the sake?"

Oda troops arrive.

Ikki fighters rush to defend the village.

"Wanted for consistent over-acting in TV dramas: Jinnai Takanori"

It's all getting a bit chaotic.

The battle involved lots of shouting.

juergen c. olk:
Super sexy setup....thanx for sharing ..alot of  good work there.

Grumpy Gnome:
Brilliant work!

dddd99:
Osmoses, incredible work as always. You are definitely the King of the Sengoku.

The game sounds interesting. I would not be thrown off by the card mechanic as long as it is explained well by the rules. There is an Old West game called Gunslinger that uses cards in a similar way (although likely not as complex) and it works beautifully. Feels more like fate since dice are in an indeterminate state until shaken or rolled, while that next card is always there in the deck.

Not to mention the terrain and tabletop. Incredible as always.

Also, I downloaded your Gempei Way of the Horse and Bow rules. I also heard the Friday quote about samurai as dogfighters ... maybe I heard it from you maybe from Samurai Archive podcast, but I was thinking of making something based off x-wing miniatures, but since you have put in the legwork on your variant I will definitely play those out.

Great work, man. Take care.

archiduque:
Very nice work!! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version