Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690587
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Late War British Supports in 15mm  (Read 845 times)

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
Late War British Supports in 15mm
« on: November 04, 2020, 03:00:41 PM »
I recently added to my growing British late wat 15mm collection. It's a set of Plastic Soldier Company's heavy support weapons. They are nice figures and mix well with the the infantry that I already have. There's a couple more pictures on my blog and some more description (pus a couple of videos). Check it all out here:

https://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com/2020/11/british-late-war-heavy-support-weapons.html

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: Late War British Supports in 15mm
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 12:17:19 AM »
Excellent progress as ever Abwehrschlacht. I could do with a little of your productivity in a tablet form  :D

BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 08:01:46 AM »
Cheers BALM, to be honest, I just do painting in small bursts, it's amazing what you can achieve with small amounts of work spread over a long time.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 07:03:05 PM »
I have found that short bursts work well, I think my biggest problem is that I want to do so many things  :D . This is exacerbated by the fact that my long term regular opponent was never really that into (I wish he’d told me earlier although I now wonder whether it was because he hasn’t ‘won’ any games for a good while) my key interest area (WW2) and the task of doing both sides and scenery has burnt me out slightly.
I’m getting better with age but need to sell a goodly portion of my eponymous Lead Mountain to make space and cash to fund my ongoing projects but 30yrs of collecting means I’m quite attached to lots of it. I’ve made good progress in the last year but always find that games spur me on to achieve more painting and the current dearth of tabletop time has left me floundering somewhat. Luckily I can slipstream off of other more talented or productive hobbyists (like yourself) and this is helping to keep my spirits up.

Keep up the good work,
BALM

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 08:05:12 PM »
Ha ah, yes well, cutting down your projects is definitely the way to go. I had a big clear out a few years ago and it's hard to let of stuff, but I just figured if I haven't touched something in ten years I was probably going to. Normally me an my mates have an unspoken rule that says if you want to start a new period you have to paint both sides, that way you're not waiting around for someone to finish off, but I understand the burn out. LOL, I may be productive but I'm certainly not talented, you'd realise that if you looked closely at the figures I paint!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »
Don’t put yourself down old chap - they look more than serviceable to me, certainly a good tabletop standard. And a good ‘standard‘ painted miniature on the table is worth hundreds of beautiful pieces of miniature art sat in varying states of unfinished limbo on the paint desk! My biggest problem (bar the aforementioned paint queue) is that I’m hyper critical of my own painting and I’m often stalled during the painting progress by feeling like I’m not achieving what I want to aesthetically.
It doesn’t help that 15mm WW2 seems to be an exercise in painting little chaps in varying shades of mud/green/brown (but if you dare to get the wrong shade and put a picture on the internet some know it all who’s never painted anything will delight in telling you how wrong you are!). This is the reason I like the LAF so much, is that the people here are helpful, supportive and enthusiastic.

Keep up the good work,
BALM

Offline Iv.An.

• Bookworm
  • Andrey Iv
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 09:02:48 AM »
Khorosho!