Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: When Civilizations Collide, a Free Supplement by Mark Morin for Inca / Mayan / A  (Read 934 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
When Civilizations Collide, a Free Supplement by Mark Morin for Inca / Mayan / Aztec warfare

This supplement roughly covers the period of the Spanish Conquest of the 16th Century.

The supplement is designed to allow the players to recreate battles both during the Conquest and in the centuries before it happened. Optional and special rules are included as well as weapons, figure and unit characteristics, and a couple of suggested scenarios.
This is a Free downloadable PDF supplement. A copy of Feudal Patrol and two or more Feudal Patrol Action Decks are required to play.

The game can also be played between two players, two teams of players or solo using the in-built solo 'AI' mechanisms of Feudal Patrol.

Supplement is available as a free pdf download from: http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Feudal-Patrol
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline surdu

• Librarian
We play tested the supplement via Zoom and had a great time.  I never knew much about this period.  I had always wanted to paint Aztecs, just because of the colorful outfits and purchased a bunch of books on the subject some years ago.  I could never figure out how to make the games interesting.  In this supplement, Mark has done a great job of making the period accessible and interesting to game.

You can learn more about Feudal Patrol(TM) here: 

Feudal Patrol(TM) is based on the Combat Patrol(TM) systems.  You can learn more about Feudal Patrol(TM) here and Combat Patrol(TM) here

Offline Morin84

• Scientist
    • Life, Golf, Miniatures, & Other Distractions
Thanks Chris.  The free supplement is a good way (IMHO) to generate skirmish-level battles for the period.  Certainly the Aztecs way of warfare adds a different dimension to the traditional tabletop experience.  I tried to give that flavor to the supplement as well.  I encourage folks to give the game a try - the Feudal Patrol rules by Buck Surdu are excellent.  You can also read more about my progress on forces at https://markamorin.com/

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Love the blog Mark. Congratulations on getting the eagle. ;) :D

Offline Morin84

• Scientist
    • Life, Golf, Miniatures, & Other Distractions
Thank you indeed! :D