Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Paint behaving weirdly on wetpallet (Redgrass games)  (Read 436 times)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Paint behaving weirdly on wetpallet (Redgrass games)
« on: November 15, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
Some advice if someone knows what's happening here.

Some years ago I made the step to a wet-pallet and I haven't looked back. Some time ago a friend wanted to give me something I'd really use and I decided I'd use this opportunity to finally get a nice real pallet. one from redgrass games.

It was during a time I painted little, but I'm trying to set that strait right now, but 'Im having a hard time with it.
I've seen people use a redgrass game wetpallet by just adding paint on it and diluting it with what water came through the paper. Did doesn't work for me at all, but no worries, I always diluted my paint with a dropper on my old improvised one.

But what I'm noticing now, is that my paint behaves very weirdly. Once I have a nice dilution, after a time it becomes..
hard to describe... oily? It seems as if I have speck of pigment in water, not covering the areas I am trying to paint but covering it with pigment in one place and water in the other. Once this happens I can't mix it back to it's correct properties and need to make a new batch, defeating a huge part of using a wet pallet. My paints behaviour changes through the session and I end up wasting more then I'd like.

I never had this with my old crappy pallet. I tried pure (tap) water. Should i try distilled at this point? I've tried dilution water with and without flow-aid, but no dice.
Any ideas? I'm getting to the point of tossing this thing and see if I can get back in the flow with some tupperware.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'