Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Core Space: First Born  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
(Kickstarter) Core Space: First Born
« on: October 28, 2020, 03:18:21 PM »
Given how much I love Core Space, I have been avidly waiting for the standalone expansion to it... First Born. The Kickstarter began today and it looks great!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battlesystems/core-space-first-born

My wife likes the artwork and game concept, so we will definitely be backing it. Any of you folks joining in?
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: (Kickstarter) Core Space: First Born
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 03:32:33 PM »
I hoped they would have a pledge for the first Core Space too, but alas. Loved the first one in looks but I didn't have the cash at the time of that Kickstarter. This one does less for me in style and contents...but I have favorited it...who knows.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 03:59:32 PM »
Still have the original Core Space boxed and in my line of things to do.  I am pleased to see that it will not appear for a year and that fits more into my timeline. Good solo play, which is useful for the foreseeable future.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »
I am a bit surprised they are not offering original Core Space stuff on discount as add-ons.

It is however early days with the Kickstarter, who knows what will develop, especially with people asking for original Core Space items in the comments section.

From watching an interview I know we have the big Rock Worms and Big Game Hunters potentially as stretch goals....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ecLWdU7imc

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 05:54:08 PM »
I better understand now why they are not offering original Core Space material on discount... looking out for their retailers and to avoid clogging the supply line with older material that can accessed by other means already.

The Kickstarter has already grown much larger than I was expecting and looks to be excellent value for money. The hardest part will be waiting for it to be delivered!

Some things like the new ship mechanics, the exo-armor, the reporters and the reputation system will all add a lot to the original game experience.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »
Yeah, pity as the Core Space KS offered waaaaaaay more goodies than just the retailer stuff. Okay, I'll keep the money in my pocket then (for a day probably...)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »
I would not judge the Kickstarter until it is a bit closer to the end... Colin has said there will be an “all in” pledge that will be even more inclusive than the Titan pledge was in the Core Space KS. Already this KS is looking increasingly tasty as stretch goals get met.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 08:46:36 PM »
The all in pledge just dropped. Looks great. Not exactly what I was hoping for in some ways but much more than I expected in others. So many more characters! Looks like excellent value for the money. I will be pledging all in.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 08:13:34 AM »
Some great fluff on their blog that is easily overlooked in the recent information dump.

https://battlesystems.co.uk/blog/trading-post-5-dramatis-personae/?utm_source=Battle+Systems&utm_campaign=17171971e0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_11_16_03_49&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c90e987471-17171971e0-355324377&mc_cid=17171971e0&mc_eid=5232fc78a8

Their blog is often overlooked but it provides so much more than just marketing news. The free missions constantly being added make for an ever expanded gaming experience.

Edit: I am thinking the First Born terrain, especially now that ruins are a part of it, would make cool terrain for Seraphon or fantasy Aztec/Mayans.

https://battlesystems.co.uk/blog/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:51:10 PM by Rick W. »

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 11:37:45 AM »
Thanks, Rick, I had missed that Blog.  Very interesting. Battle Systems and Pulp Alley must be the most gamer-oriented companies in terms of support....

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 01:49:19 PM »
It is easy to miss, which is a shame. Great missions on there.