Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689542
  • Total Topics: 118285
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1940 Norwegians, 15mm (Newly Updated)  (Read 7441 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
1940 Norwegians, 15mm (Newly Updated)
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »
Hi, everybody.

Thought you might find these interesting. A very talented sculptor, Darren Greenaway, is doing some 15mm World War Two figs for me, specifically Early War period stuff for now. First to be worked on are 1940 Norwegians. Here are the first three sculpts, armed with krag-jorgensen rifles and wearing the appropriate uniform for the campaign against the Germans.

These are meant to be "large 15s", and so are compatible with WW2 ranges being produced by larger manufacturers.

If you can't see these, you likely have a firewall preventing Photobucket links. You can also see these images in my user gallery, under 15mm Miniatures.

-Doc
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:47:19 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: 1940 Norwegians, 15mm
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 12:33:54 AM »
They look great. I 'feel' that the rifles look a little long (they appear the same length as the figure), but I'll let someone who knows their stuff to comment on that better. Certainly their release will be well timed with the FoW 'Early War' stuff due out mid-year. I can't wait to see the rest too!  :)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:10:52 AM »
Glad you like 'em, Jim. Thanks for the comments:)

The Krag was about 4.3 feet long; so you may be right about them being a bit large, though perhaps not overmuch. I'll talk to the sculptor about it.

-Doc

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »
I really wish these had been available when I built my 15mm Norwegian army for PBI2 all those years ago. I have to convert every single figure. What a pain? These look great, so I may have to expand my Norwegian force a bit when they become available.

Cheers,
Ruarigh
The greatest revenge you can have on a man that steals your wife is to let him keep her.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 02:48:36 AM »
I really wish these had been available when I built my 15mm Norwegian army for PBI2 all those years ago. I have to convert every single figure. What a pain? These look great, so I may have to expand my Norwegian force a bit when they become available.

Cheers,
Ruarigh

Thanks, Ruarigh. I started the range, essentially, because I got sick and tired of being told "just convert them, it's easier than waiting for them to show up".

The range is slowly coming along. Sculptor is currently working on the officers/NCOs, and we should have a complete range some time later this year.
We are currently debating which army to cover next. I would like to do Danes, but other armies would probably sell slightly better, so they might well come out first. (Though Danes are a definite, for the three of us who want them;) )

-Doc

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
The range is slowly coming along. Sculptor is currently working on the officers/NCOs, and we should have a complete range some time later this year.
I, for one, shall be looking out for the release. A platoon or two to start with for Nuts! would be good and maybe expand beyond that afterwards as an when money and time allow (both are short right now).  8) :-*

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
Nice sculpts. Good luck with the range.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
Re: 1940 Norwegians, 15mm (New Update; New Pictures Added)
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »
Hello, everybody.

Ok, new update on the Early War 15mm range. New set of sculpts inbound to me - two new leader types, and madsen light machine gunners for squad support. The sculptor is rounding out our initial releases with a 75mm Field Gun (standard spoked wheels - the pneumatic tire/tyre variant didn't actually see service during the war), and the M1917 Browning as fielded by the Norwegians (who called it the M29). Both will have crew.

So, here are the photos for the new sculpts. Madsen Gunner, Leader type, Leader Type, Prone Madsen Gunner. I like the grimly determined look of these types and the active poses. Very appropriate to the Norwegian Army. Hope you like 'em too. Once again, these fellows are wearing the appropriate 1940 era uniforms. Snow suits were rarely used.

Sculptor says he plans to shorten the barrels slightly and smooth out some rough edges this evening, but they will likely be in the mail to me tomorrow morning. Still don't have a price point on them, but am thinking they will be sold in platoon packs or something along those lines.

Incidentally, other stuff being developed for Weserubung, too. While the current German ranges are actually more than adequate for most purposes, there's one particular piece of equipment we'll definitely be doing (and is currently being sculpted). Think -big-;)

All of these are designed to be size compatible with other major ranges. When they're released, you will have enough to field an army using the most common weapons, support options, etc. Same plan for all the nationalities we intend to cover fully for the Early War period. (So, probably not everything for the Germans, but when we do the Slovaks, the Danes, etc... you'll be able to cover them very well, I think.) Also, more Norwegian options will be released (cavalry are high on the list, since they were the only Norwegian troops who operated with skis on a regular basis) assuming the basic Norwegian options do well. Wouldn't mind doing a personality set, mortars, etc, too. Just depends upon how things go.

Hope you enjoy,

Alex
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:52:06 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
Re: 1940 Norwegians, 15mm (Newly Updated)
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 08:46:11 AM »
The chap carrying the Madsen looks a little ungainly..is it too large?

Other than that these look really good. I've picked 28's for this campaign so appreciate the lack of figures.

Good luck they should sell well.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 06:10:55 AM »
The chap carrying the Madsen looks a little ungainly..is it too large?

Other than that these look really good. I've picked 28's for this campaign so appreciate the lack of figures.

Good luck they should sell well.

Thanks:) Hopefully they'll do well enough to cover more of the war.

I think Darren is going to reduce the length of the weapon slightly; in his defense, though, the Madsen is a fairly large weapon.

-Alex

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 11:48:03 AM »
those sculpts are extremely detailed!!

where is possible to find them (or other stuff like that? :) )?

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
those sculpts are extremely detailed!!

where is possible to find them (or other stuff like that? :) )?

They will be available at blackarmyproductions.com when the sculptor finishes the run. I haven't heard from him in some time, but I assume he's still working on them.

-Doc

Offline LazyPapa

• Lurker
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 10:08:45 PM »
Tried to find these in production now, but couldn't. Did they not happen or are they OOP already?

Offline zebra55

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2020, 12:50:53 PM »
Did they ever get released or available now ?

Offline Nellkyn

• Student
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 10:35:12 PM »
I've been looking for this range on and off for the last few years. There's no sign of what happened to them. Shame really.