Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:54:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690860
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: In The Grim Darkness of the Future, I Do Whatever I Want (A few additions)  (Read 31811 times)

Offline clayton79

• Schoolboy
Love the lil orange alien. Definitely does not read as a nurgling, an idea worth stealing.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Really nice work!

I had this idea that Soulless could upload to a standard bot chassis, as long as the processor part is compatible with the Soulless network (this is since I want to use Ion Age Grima robots both as Soulless and guard bots in my Five Parsecs campaign).

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
lovely paint-work.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
December's entry in my own personal "Five Months From Painted Factions" AKA: FMFPF. It's pronounced "Ffmpff-Pff".  lol

Pirates. Space Pirates. Goblin Space Pirates. They're from the Ion Age range, currently produced by Alternative Armies. Fairly large figures, I had to used 30mm bases, so the pic may be a bit misleading if you assume those are 25mm bases.

No one knows the exact origins of the pirates referred to as "goblins" in the Trader Tongue. There are few people who care. But it is rumored that they may be a product of the "Melkor Event" in the fringe Thangorodrim System that doomed a small Eldar mercantile colony.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Wow, they’re supposed to be 15mm?

Dan

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
They have both 28mm and 15mm ranges. These are 28mm.

https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/28mm-ion-age-miniature-range

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
My slacker painting from this week. First is Orbus, a sentient sphere of what appears to be some sort of plasma like matter. No one knows for sure. Orbus is literally a pearlescent bead on a stick. I didn't even paint it. Just drill a hole, make a base, and glue it on the stick. My laziest figure ever and I make no appologies!  lol

Next to that is the second of the two D&D nothics that came in the pack. One is for D&D (which is a new thing, I'm sure I'l be posting about it in the fantasy form), the other I thought would make a good sci-fi alien or mutant. Super quick paint job, mostly just abase coat, wash, then a few details. I almost want a whole squad of them now.

Eru-Kin and jagua figure from Knightmare Games. I will be using Eru-Kin for K'Erin in Five Parsecs From Home. You can almost rearrange the the letters to shift between the two names. Maybe the apostrophe is for the "u"? It's a sign that this is the way. This particular figure will be a member of my crew. (But not his pet.) I had been looking for an excuse to buy & paint some of these figures for a long time -- they're really great sculpts!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:54:46 AM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
Re: In The Grim Darkness of the Future, I Do Whatever I Want (A few additions)
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2024, 10:54:10 AM »
I really like the lizard fella and his pet, lovely pj. I would have had him down as a swift minus the wings, but I can see where you're coming from with the name of the range.

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2024, 05:14:56 PM »
Good work.  And I won't hold the bead on a stick against you if it works, its works.   ;)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2024, 01:54:23 AM »
I really like the lizard fella and his pet, lovely pj. I would have had him down as a swift minus the wings, but I can see where you're coming from with the name of the range.

I already have another plan for swifts. Some feathered dino type figures from Khurasan Miniatures.

Good work.  And I won't hold the bead on a stick against you if it works, its works.   ;)

The temptation to make a whole squad is tempting....  lol lol lol

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2024, 10:50:02 AM »
Those dinos are nearly perfect.

What are they called in the Khurasan range?

I'm guessing they're 15mm?

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
Also painted some small its of terrain ("atmospheric harvesters and control module" made from various plastic packaging)

what packaging are the segments from? they are brilliant

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Not too much movement here, but I've had a very strange idea.

Maybe it's best to just visit the plog to understand.... https://www.zerotwentythree.com/2024/02/five-bananas-from-home.html

Since the initial post, I have found/biuilt Fleegle, Bingo, and Drooper. Snork should arrive from eBay in the next few days.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Nah nah nah.

Nahnahnah Nah.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Wonderful inspiration source. Go for it.

They will be great