Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: In The Grim Darkness of the Future, I Do Whatever I Want (A few additions)  (Read 31036 times)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Re: Alt Trader: In The Grim Darkness of the Future, I Do Whatever I Want
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 10:19:35 AM »

Great mini and great paint job. Do you have a link to the mini on the Effin Cool website please, I can;t find it anywhere in their shop. Thanks.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 05:57:15 AM »
Great mini and great paint job. Do you have a link to the mini on the Effin Cool website please, I can;t find it anywhere in their shop. Thanks.

They were part of the Metamorphosis Alpha range.

But you're right, all three of these figures appear to be gone. Maybe you could email the owner?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2021, 06:33:55 AM »
The gardener bots are brilliant!

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2021, 04:03:43 PM »
Awesome miniatures! Have you looked into Planet28 as a ruleset? I havent played it, but I've heard really good things about it.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2021, 08:11:49 PM »
Thanks!

Awesome miniatures! Have you looked into Planet28 as a ruleset? I havent played it, but I've heard really good things about it.

Yes, got the rules over the holidays and gave them a quick read. Unfortunately life's been extremely busy the past two months. But hopefully things slow down enough in the coming weeks that I can give the rules another read and try a solo game or two.

I'm working in painting some RT era Eldar pirates for the Old World Army Challenge, but managed to finish another 'bot that I had started quite a while ago. It's from Warlord's Antares range. As with the Diehard 'bot, I went with a simple, toned down color scheme. Shown with Kev Adams* in the second photo, to give a sense of scale

* Not the real Kev. 28mm figure from Foundry.

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2021, 01:16:32 AM »
I really like the colour palette on that Gates of Antares figure. You’ve gone a long way toward making a sort-of-ridiculous model into something pretty cool!

I look forward to each update to this thread, it looks like a fun project and everything is well done!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2021, 07:36:21 AM »
I really like the colour palette on that Gates of Antares figure. You’ve gone a long way toward making a sort-of-ridiculous model into something pretty cool!

I look forward to each update to this thread, it looks like a fun project and everything is well done!

Thanks! I think I'm really picking through a big variety of old and modern miniatures ranges. I looked at the Antares range when I was hunting down robots and this guy called to me for whatever reason -- probably going to revisit their figures now that I'm jumping back into sci-fi.

Now that I'm moving into the future and hoping to do smaller, narrative style skirmishes, I figure I should start gathering a cast of supporting characters. So I've freshly painted a couple of figures....

...as well as rebasing some old figures to use in my new sci-fi setting...

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2021, 09:02:12 AM »
Some nice additions there. Those checked stockings are fabulous, and I'm really intrigued to find out if there's a story to the greyscale guy with the squirrel.

Offline Grimtuff

• Student
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2021, 10:33:23 AM »
A VOR Neo Soviet, there's a line I've not seen in a while. Nice.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2021, 08:11:34 PM »
Some nice additions there. Those checked stockings are fabulous, and I'm really intrigued to find out if there's a story to the greyscale guy with the squirrel.

Thanks. The greyscale guy was painted as part of an Oldhammer Forum yearly project. Each participant would paint a figure based on a theme and color scheme, and at the end one person's name was drawn and they received the entire set of figures. In 2017 we did an split theme - black & white inquisitorial retinue vs. rainbow gangers. I had difficulty deciding what to do for the black and white, and this little guy was the replaced by a better figure that I sent in. So he's been on my desk since then, never finished the base until now since I didn't know what to do with him yet.

Forum thread with pics: http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13493

The concept I had behind him was that he was a synthetic humanoid/android type creation, and served as a tech assistant. I think that will still be his background going into my own developing project.

A VOR Neo Soviet, there's a line I've not seen in a while. Nice.

Thanks. I've got a squad of 9 that are partially painted except this one which was painted completely as a test subject. More figures lingering around for years, haha. I dug out two unopened neo-sov cyclops packs that are likely to see paint in the coming months.

I've also been revisiting some of the other Vor figures on the Iron Wind Metals site and may pick up a few at some point.

I forgot to mention in my previous update, I'm looking to identify the old Grenadier figure on the left. The base says Grenadier, (c) 1990, M423. I couldn't find a listing, but some of the other M### codes are orcs. However, this guy is stylistically a bit different from the other orcs I could find, and has two little horns on his head. Anyone have an ID?

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2021, 02:17:37 AM »
The concept I had behind him was that he was a synthetic humanoid/android type creation, and served as a tech assistant. I think that will still be his background going into my own developing project.

Great idea for a project, and he's a very distinctive figure.

Offline Simlasa

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2021, 02:58:20 AM »
I forgot to mention in my previous update, I'm looking to identify the old Grenadier figure on the left. The base says Grenadier, (c) 1990, M423. I couldn't find a listing, but some of the other M### codes are orcs. However, this guy is stylistically a bit different from the other orcs I could find, and has two little horns on his head. Anyone have an ID?
He's from the Grenadier Shadowrun line. A boxed set called DMZ:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:G-srbs-9706-cat.jpg
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 03:03:56 AM by Simlasa »

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2021, 03:08:16 AM »
He's from the Grenadier Shadowrun line. A boxed set called DMZ:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:G-srbs-9706-cat.jpg

Thanks! I didn't look at Shadowrun and couldn't find him in the "M" series fantasy figures.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2021, 07:35:31 AM »
Very nice additions
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2021, 09:43:19 PM »
Lovely work on this project. I like 'mix and match' projects not tied to a particular games system's figures or rules.

On this basis I'm repainting old figures and painting bare lead that's been far too long in the 'to do' pile, with the intention of doing something along the lines of Rogue Trader, but a different background/races and in a more pulpy style. I'm aiming to use the Galactic Heroes rules from Wiley Games, as they are easy to use and very adaptable.
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge