Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix Norman Cavalry Renders  (Read 10942 times)

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
Re: Victrix Norman Cavalry Renders
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 10:15:38 AM »
Yes quite impressed, I think I will also use some for the Anarchy wars of Stephen and Matilda......lots of options if I add the face plate and some fluted helmets heads from Mirliton and some green stuff to add Chausses of mail and flat topped shields.

Cheers
Matt
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:27:29 AM by bluewillow »

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2021, 09:18:57 PM »
Heart shaped adargas in XI century? Hum.... Too early, me thinks.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 03:05:57 PM »
Heart shaped adargas in XI century? Hum.... Too early, me thinks.

True. But, they add a certain flavour.

Offline AdamPHayes

• Mad Scientist
    • Wargame Warrior
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2021, 11:18:17 AM »
If I could get those riders as one piece castings I’d be cock-a-hoop! (Yes, I know why I can’t...) it will be interesting to see how they chop them up for the sprue.

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2021, 11:14:44 AM »
Some more updates from Victrix.

Text from the post for those who don't use FB.

'We have renders of the 4th Norman cavalry figure. We are showing the classic Norman and Breton look figures but also showing some of the head and shield options to be included so you can make Spanish and Andalusian cavalry (and lots more besides)
We have another two cavalry figures to finish for the Norman cavalry set and these will be wearing scale armour.'

Apologies for the images on my previous post disappearing, not quite sure why that has happened.

Steve

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2021, 09:30:57 PM »
Fabulous. So looking forward to these.

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2021, 09:12:27 AM »
I think this could potentially be one of their best sets yet, look to be so many options included.

Steve

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2021, 11:15:40 AM »
As if my Norman/Spanish armies aren't big enough!  :-*

They will be getting ever so slightly larger!!

One question though, are there plans for Unarmoured Norman Infantry/Archers/Crossbows and Mounted Pueri?

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2021, 12:55:38 PM »
I believe the Norman infantry are in tooling now and have both unarmoured and armoured options. There is also a generic Dark Age Archer and Dark Age slinger sets at the design stage too according to images on Facebook.

No mention of crossbows or Mounted Pueri yet though.

Steve

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2021, 01:33:24 PM »
I believe the Norman infantry are in tooling now and have both unarmoured and armoured options.

Yeah, I've seen the armoured versions but nothing on the unarmoured front except.....

There is also a generic Dark Age Archer and Dark Age slinger sets at the design stage too according to images on Facebook.

Unusually, I'm not really a fan of the generic Dark Age Archers that Victrix have designed. They just don't have the right look for Normans IMHO- from memory so I could change my mind. :)

No mention of crossbows or Mounted Pueri yet though.

My guess is that they will be in the pipeline as they would round off the range nicely.

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
I agree with you about the archers, would much prefer a dedicated set but I guess that may not of been commercially viable. At least with plastics it will be easy to cannibalise parts from the different sets to try and tailor them.

Like you, I hope they will produce crossbows and such too down the line. Really do want them to keep expanding on what they have done for the Dark Age range.

Steve

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2021, 03:00:24 PM »
I agree with you about the archers, would much prefer a dedicated set but I guess that may not of been commercially viable. At least with plastics it will be easy to cannibalise parts from the different sets to try and tailor them.

That is my hope too. From what I've seen thus far there ought to be plenty of spares. It's the actual archer poses that I don't like. They just don't seem to be putting the effort in to draw the bow.

Like you, I hope they will produce crossbows and such too down the line. Really do want them to keep expanding on what they have done for the Dark Age range.

They have done a pretty damn good job with most of their ranges so I don't see why not. Swabian Double Handed Swordsmen would be very nice but perhaps I'm asking too much on that one   :D

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2021, 03:48:11 PM »
Another preview up.

Blurb from the post:

'Here are the renders for the 5th Norman cavalry figure.

This figure wears scale armour and has an assortment of helmet, shield and weapon arm options. These figures can be used as Normans, Spanish, Andalusians, Early Crusades and other European nationalities.

There is one more figure to do after this and a few extra  head and shield options and then it is done and ready for the tooling layup and then tooling stage.

Scale armour was not as common as chain but was worn and so the 6 figure body frame will contain 4 in mail and 2 in scales. It is interesting to look at the Bayeux tapestry and the way certain types of armour are depicted. The mail armour is easy to identify as it is depicted as circles. Quilted armour is depicted either in squares or diamond patterns, but a few and in particular on the depiction of Bishop Odo has triangular patterns for his armour. Some think this may be quilted armour but if that was so why not depict it as the square or diamond pattern? It looks very much like a crude way to represent scales. Some Italo Normans have been depicted in scales and there are mosaics and illustrations depicting scale armour from the early 11th Century up into the 13th Century. Hopefully that will raise some friendly and good natured debate.'

Really looking forward to this set. Hoping we see the release of the infantry soon too.

Steve

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2021, 04:51:09 PM »
Oooh, those are a bit good aren't they?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »
Oooh, those are a bit good aren't they?

First I could not tell if these wear scale or mail, but apparently it is scale. With a different helm these will be great to boost my Rohirrim with!