Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kingdom of Heaven...  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
Kingdom of Heaven...
« on: November 26, 2020, 09:19:11 AM »
As a blood red sun rose over the trees, Toke, Big King of the Vikings raised his great sword, Skullspltta above his head. His Viking Warriors began their advance. The night before Toke's holy man had had a vision. He had seen the great hall to the Christian God dangling on the two sticks burning to the ground. This day, with Odin's help, he would make the vision come true...

Across the fields Putrid son of Putrid, Warrior Lord of the Saxons exhorted his men to defend their church and faith to the last drop of Christian blood...

Before this day's sun sets many souls would be in either Valhalla or the Kingdom of Heaven!

:o
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:21:10 AM by Harry Faversham »
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Kingdom of Heaven...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 12:25:13 AM »
Both sides advance upon each other with much malice aforethought. Putrid strikes fast, personally leading his Cavalry straight into the Viking shieldwall forcing part of it to recoil...

Online SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 06:01:30 AM »
Harry, very nice. Which ruleset were you using?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 08:11:40 AM »
Thanks for that, can't remember where I gleaned the rules from. They're basically KISS Principle fantasy rules tickled up to let the smelly Dark Age oiks do slaughter... without inflicting hurt on their master's brayn!

;D

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 08:17:04 AM »
I've been asked who makes the church, and I can't remember that either! It's a hefty piece of resin, made by a company that attend shows selling such stuff, ready painted.
Here's Bishop Bonk giving it large to keep the Pagans at bay, does the piccy ring a bell with anyone?

:?  ???  :?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 08:35:34 AM by Harry Faversham »

Offline LeadLust

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 05:39:43 PM »
Looks like the ex-PMC church now sold by Caliver Books.

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »
Looks like the ex-PMC church now sold by Caliver Books.

It is indeed.  I have the same church, still in remarkable condition considering the number of times it has be burnt and plundered.

Online SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 05:55:40 AM »
Chaps, thanks for reminding me that the PMC range ended up with Caliver.  That could sort some of my terrain needs very nicely!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 10:23:29 AM »
Thanks for that chaps. Last ever Sheffield Triples, went on the Saturday and bought a few bits and bobs. I was heading for the stall to buy the church when I bumped into a very old crony of mine. We adjourned to the bar, such as it was, dinner timeish and stayed there to the Tetley Bitter end.
Herself was well impressed when I staggered in, pissed as a fart, and fell asleep till 'Match of the Day' came on.
Punishment took the form of being dragged to the Club Sunday dinner, to endure both Herself and bleedin' bingo!

:-[

But the Gods smiled and my Beloved won three hundred dumpers on the late flyer!

;D

Taxi darn't 'Cliffe t'ut show, church gleaned, more Tetley's Best Bitter, an't job wurr a good 'un!

:)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 10:30:51 AM »
Meanwhile back at 'The Kingdom of Heaven'...
I called a truce to the fighting and asked the nice Viking chappies if they'd care to pose for a piccy or three. Here's their answer...

Putrid son of Putrid was a tad more accommodating...

Some of Putrid's underlings...

The Vikings held a Thing and decided, seeing they were actually on a 'jolly lad's outing', they wanted a happy-snap too...

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 05:07:23 AM »
Shield clashes against shield all around the field. The fighting goes well for the Vikings on the right, their horsemen routing the Saxons. The fierce Viking Warriors destroy the shieldwall on the hill, killing a noted Saxon Champion, his victor planting the Raven banner atop the hill for all to see!

Putrid son of Putrid gallops along the Saxon line to steady the troops, then gallops into the enemy shieldwall, hewing about him, with great and deadly gusto...

The Big King of the Vikings is next on his list of things to do. The Big King proves a sterner test for Putrid's sword-arm...

Roaring his great battlecry another Viking Hero lays waste to the Saxons, till being surrounded and cut down in his turn!

Seeing his Champion fall under the Saxon axes brings swift reply from the Little King of the Vikings, he gives the Saxon Hero a 'Death Worthy of a Saga!'...

Despite the Little King's triumph, the Viking line cracks! King Toke and Putrid have fought one another to a standstill.
The cracked Viking line breaks!

King Toke leads his shattered and demoralised raiders from the field...

The victorious Saxons gather around their Church, which they have valiantly, saved from the ravishing of the Norsemen. Bishop Bonk gives a blessing to Putrid son of Putrid and a Benediction for their deliverance!

But as all great warriors, gathered to drink and feast in Valhalla know, the only real victors are the Crows!

:'(

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
Who does the "Glutter of Ravens" in the last picture Harry?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 09:05:50 AM »
They're made by Reaper. With postage I paid twenty five quid for 'em from America some years back. Couple of days after they came home to roost I found a set in Blighty for a tenner!

:'(  :-[  :'(

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 09:12:55 AM »
They're made by Reaper. With postage I paid twenty five quid for 'em from America some years back. Couple of days after they came home to roost I found a set in Blighty for a tenner!

:'(  :-[  :'(

Where I Blightly if I may be so bold?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius