Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: new stuff coming from Dungeons and lasers  (Read 1399 times)

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
new stuff coming from Dungeons and lasers
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:43:47 AM »
 looking to build a town this might be good for you Looks great as is the rest of their stuff
https://www.dungeonsandlasers.com/woodhaven/
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
Re: new stuff coming from Dungeons and lasers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:49:28 AM »
I’m still waiting on a shipment from these guys I placed in August, different terrain set.The terrain looks great, and I like the selection of buildings.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 09:22:52 AM »
My wife and I pledged in the last KS and admittedly I am more keen about it than she is. Dwarves Forge, Hagglethorn Hollow and Tabletop World are her favorites so it is difficult for other terrain to compete. She will probably think the buildings are too blocky (like the Dwarven Forge ones).

I have tried to convince on the earlier Kazumi temple set but without much success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyqYcXm6oQ

But I may be able to convince her on the roads in the next KS at least. We need good looking, cost effective roads.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline The Great Mahoo

• Bookworm
    • Adventures on the Tabletop
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 08:13:35 PM »
I just received my kickstarter of the dungeon set from a few months ago, but haven't put it together yet.  I'l have to keep an eye on this one.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 08:50:24 PM »
I like the idea of the products, but I can't sever the Archon/Prodos thing from the product - and how many KS backers they left in the lurch with their early Kickstarters.  They may have changed a bit, but way too many people were left without product for me to ever buy anything attached to that name.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 09:12:30 PM »
Man, Rick, your wife has GOOD taste! lol.

I want to like the Dungeons and Lasers stuff, but ultimately it feels too busy. Being busy and being detailed isn't the same thing in my mind.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 06:54:27 AM »
I was unaware of Archon being Prodos. That is disappointing. I have quite a bit of complaints about the AVP Kickstarter Prodos did and the various iterations of their models.

We picked up D&L stuff on eBay recently, the quality seems good. But having had some trying times with Tabletop Troubador and the Hagglethorn Hollow Kickstarter I can understand reluctance to support a company that has burned you in the past.

My wife has specific tastes for sure. It can be difficult for me to guess what she may or may not like. She likes immersion but she also likes quirky. She likes gritty, low fantasy in some things but then wild high fantasy (fairy tale) elements in others. She dislikes (hates really) grimdark, skulls, gore and post-apoc. She likes the Mandalorian and Tolkien but also Froud and Henson (Dark Crystal). She likes Peter Jackson’s LOTR but dislikes his Hobbit. She likes the GW Middle Earth Elves but dislikes most of the GW Fantasy Elves. She likes the newer GW Seraphon but dislikes the older GW Lizardmen. She likes Beastmen but dislikes Skaven. Trying to find a consistent pattern to anticipate what she will like is very challenging.

She is ok with my sci-if/post-apoc Battle Systems Terrain (for my Core Space project)  but does not like the fantasy stuff at all. And it is the Battle Systems stuff that puts me off getting into D&L sci-if terrain.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 05:13:33 AM »
I sure can't spot a pattern!

Have you seen the Broken Token range? They have some nice 3D printed buildings, many of which I think mix well with TTW.

https://thebrokentoken.com/shop/miniature-gaming/tabletop-terrain

Aardtacha is most into Tabletop World, MBA, and Dwarven Forge.

-Michael

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 09:23:44 AM »
We are familiar with much of that Range but as much as my wife and I like the design concepts we have so far been underwhelmed by 3d printed results... except in some rare occasions. We have a couple of 3d printed skiffs on the way from a mate who printed them. Maybe that will cause us to revise our opinions on 3d printed work. We already have a small longboat from him which is decent enough. But we think that is down to the nature of the wooden plank build. Everything we have seen so far with stonework has been disappointing.