Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A question about DEMONS - to Fantasy Warriors players  (Read 949 times)

Offline LotB

• Scientist
    • NARAN TEAM TURIN
A question about DEMONS - to Fantasy Warriors players
« on: December 01, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »
Hi,
I kindly invite Fantasy Warriors players (in the hope that there are still some) to answer this question.
A question about DEMONS:
Hi, do you think it would be correct to apply the Necromancers' Rules, written by Nick Lund for the Undead, to Demons as well? Like the Undead, who are in fact the skeletons of dead people, revived with the magic of Necromancers, even Demons are creatures of the Underworld.
Unfortunately, the good Nick made a bit of confusion, defining the "Fiend", which is a Demon, of type = Fanatic.
We are working on the new version of the Demon army.
In your opinion, how should the Demons be?
A) Undead (and Necromancer rules)
or
B) Fanatics and with the Rules of living creatures?
THANKS

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Re: A question about DEMONS - to Fantasy Warriors players
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 04:22:09 PM »
If we apply the usual demonic tropes,

1 - demons are summoned from the undead realm, from their infernal domains - even if that domain is such that "people" or their spirits go to when they depart the living realms
  - but the demons "live" there, they are not dead, as such
  - or as would be perceived in the same way as summoning a spirit of the dead from the same realm it to re-animate/inhabit/power a dead form in the living realm?.

2 when summoned to the living realms, are they dead? or simply existing alive in an "alien" environment? until banished/disrupted back to their home?

3 they on average have more intelligence/anima than dead things?

4 If someone pulled me from my home, forced me to exist somewhere "foreign"  and fight for them, I think i would be seriously pissed/fanatical about it, even if I was not magically compelled. and if its the fastest way for me to get back home eg fighting and killing until "killed" then probably very fiendishly fanatical in finding the best way to do that, whilst killing stuff along the way for entertainment, after all you don't want to be the one who dies easy, your fiendish mates might be watching.

If the demons are simply summoned to inhabit existing "vessels" eg they are just another source of spirit anima for "dead" vessels, I would say yeah its just another way of saying undead or golems etc.

but if its demons as in " look at all the fiends I have summoned from the infernal realms to serve me in their varied and diabolical forms" I would say seriously annoyed/vexed and definitely fanatical fiends all wanting to get themselves killed back home for tea and some spirits of the dead torturing entertainments. Especially if the summoner loses and he is there waiting for them when they get back because, boy is that necromancer/sorcerer person in for some interesting.. things

so fanatical living beings, with a serious deathwish to get home.

Does any of that make sense?

TLDR:
  B)

Offline LotB

• Scientist
    • NARAN TEAM TURIN
Re: A question about DEMONS - to Fantasy Warriors players
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
If we apply the usual demonic tropes,

1 - demons are summoned from the undead realm, from their infernal domains - even if that domain is such that "people" or their spirits go to when they depart the living realms
  - but the demons "live" there, they are not dead, as such
  - or as would be perceived in the same way as summoning a spirit of the dead from the same realm it to re-animate/inhabit/power a dead form in the living realm?.

2 when summoned to the living realms, are they dead? or simply existing alive in an "alien" environment? until banished/disrupted back to their home?

3 they on average have more intelligence/anima than dead things?

4 If someone pulled me from my home, forced me to exist somewhere "foreign"  and fight for them, I think i would be seriously pissed/fanatical about it, even if I was not magically compelled. and if its the fastest way for me to get back home eg fighting and killing until "killed" then probably very fiendishly fanatical in finding the best way to do that, whilst killing stuff along the way for entertainment, after all you don't want to be the one who dies easy, your fiendish mates might be watching.

If the demons are simply summoned to inhabit existing "vessels" eg they are just another source of spirit anima for "dead" vessels, I would say yeah its just another way of saying undead or golems etc.

but if its demons as in " look at all the fiends I have summoned from the infernal realms to serve me in their varied and diabolical forms" I would say seriously annoyed/vexed and definitely fanatical fiends all wanting to get themselves killed back home for tea and some spirits of the dead torturing entertainments. Especially if the summoner loses and he is there waiting for them when they get back because, boy is that necromancer/sorcerer person in for some interesting.. things

so fanatical living beings, with a serious deathwish to get home.

Does any of that make sense?

TLDR:
  B)

Hi,
many thanks for the long and detailed answer, as well as for the precise choice.
We will take note.
Best regards.